What's the role?
Technical Engineer II is the primary technical resource for the global value engineering HUB responsible for actively supporting, driving and managing the different stages of a projects and account developments. Working in conjunction with HILTI Market Organization`s or Project Management Office`s Lead Engineers, Project managers and Lead Modelers in various countries as the key technical driver and product advocate.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
- Maintain expert level of product and application knowledge for all Hilti and Oglaend engineering relevant solutions such as modular support, post installed anchoring, direct fastening, firestop and cable tray, ladders systems.
- Be familiar with different type of execution related product lines, required for engineering relevant solutions such as electrical, direct fastening, measuring tools and tooling.
- Provide complete documentation packages for engineering related application such as structural analyses reports, drawings, bill of materials, installation manuals, specifications, inspection reports etc.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs /RFQs
- Effectively communicates, understand and convey customer and project requirements.
- Maintain accurate records of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in company databases
- Follow VE HUB / PMO workflows and guidelines
- Travel to project sites or customer offices to lead or attend meetings, trainings or provide construction or engineering services.
- Maintain knowledge of energy, industry and building construction related codes / standards / guidelines.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Team Leaders
Hilti has been cited 8th World’s Best Workplaces for 2022. The accolades are given by Great Place to Work (GPTW), the worldwide industry leader in quantifying employee experience.
What do we offer?
Your responsibilities will be great and, with them, we’ll give you the freedom and autonomy to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results.
We’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – you will get global exposure, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process which enables your career progression as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
What you need is:
Basic Education / Years of Working Experience
Degree in Structural or civil engineering / min. 5-8 years of working experience with min. 5 years of experience in steel structure design
- Experience with International Standards & Codes
- Experienced level of any structural engineering software (STAAD-PRO, R-Stab etc)
- Experienced level of AutoCAD 2D, MATCHCAD` s usage
- Experienced level of Microsoft Office usage
- AUTOCAD3D / INVENTOR, REVIT / NAVISWORK know-how is a plus
- FEM engineering software know-how is a plus
- Strong structural / civil engineering background, ideally coming from in Oil & Gas or Power / Manufacturing / Building Construction Industries
- Good level in structural analysis
- Good understanding of project Management and project and design stages
- Good Level of Presentation & communication Skill
- Good Level of project Coordination skill
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork, ability and competitive drive, no matter what your background.