What's the Role?
Fleet management is our strategic service offering to manage construction tools of our customers efficiently. As the Fullstack Cloud Developer you will be part of our growing global IT team and shape the future of our offerings for the construction business! You will be in charge to design, develop and maintain micro-service based solutions in our Amazon Web Service (AWS) cloud. You will be part of a strategic program to bring our Fleet customer offering to the next level.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 55 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
As a Fullstack Cloud Developer you translate business needs into technical application design, working on both user-facing applications, while also keeping backend up and running, servicing consumers. You plan, estimate and develop software in an agile methodology environment in alignment with the product owners. You actively partner with our product owner, development leads and solution architect to find and develop the right solution. You are responsible for creating technical designs, specifications and initiate design reviews to ensure superior quality based on Hilti standards. You develop both front-end and back-end application services residing in AWS cloud and support them in close collaboration with partners from business, vendors and other IT teams. Innovative ideas, constant and continuous improvement are very much appreciated and inspired. You assure quality by providing effective methods in code review and testing in the area of your responsibility in close connection with the test management team. The global initiative of providing cloud-native solutions and replacing old on-premises unsupportable applications is posing new challenges, but at the same time provides interesting tasks and means for self-growth. There are lots of systems and solutions waiting to get new life in form of modern UI application, serviced and supported by fast and secure backend microservice.
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative and more productive team.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
What you need is:
- Minimum Bachelor, preferred Master/PhD in Computer Science or similar and 5-7 years working experience
- Multiyear experience in Java based RESTful web services development lifecycle, experience in event-driven architecture is an advantage.
- Hands-on experience with HTML / CSS / JS and Angular
- Hands-on experience with Single Page Application testing framework (Jasmine / Karma or similar)
- Experience with a backend microservices, based on one of the following: Spring Boot (Spring MVC, Spring WebFlux), pure Spring Framework, Play Framework.
- Experience with using SQL/NoSQL solutions: PostgresDB, DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc; ability to measure and optimized SQL queries; understanding of ACID.
- Understanding and experience of multi-threaded concurrent environment, added caveats and challenges
- Exposed to microservice design and development best practices: understanding design and development patterns
- Experience with reactive java frameworks (Reactor, RxJava) is an advantage.
- Knowledge of modern security mechanisms and authentication types is an advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent analytical capabilities, self-responsibility and customer orientation
- English language skills
Why should you apply?
Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team of IT experts and tackle the challenges of a global multinational company using the latest technologies. You will have the freedom to act in the responsible area and will have career prospects in a dynamic environment with excellent opportunities to develop yourself to higher levels and wider range of knowledge. We have a clearly defined career development track for every individual employee and an excellent team who are duly rewarded by performance.
Learn more about our Fleet Management here : http://youtube.com/watch?v=CNKccALnZWY
Interested for the role?
Click through the 'Apply Now' button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a couple of short questions–the whole process should take around 90 seconds. If we like what we see, you'll be invited to a telephone interview.
If we don't have a suitable role for you at the moment, we will keep you in our talent pool for the future so your recruitment process might take a bit longer but we'll be sure to stay in touch.
Looking forward to hearing from you!