What's the role
Have you recently gained your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree? Are you already in the workplace but want a more challenging and rewarding role? Perhaps you’re looking for long term career opportunities? Exposure to various departments? Great colleagues? We want to hear from dynamic young potentials with the energy and ability to join our high-performing team.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
This is a 2-year program in which we invest deeply in your professional and personal development. You start with a 5-week in-house training course where you gain product and company knowledge and combine this with “time on the job”. Here you will learn the tricks of the trade with the help of your direct manager and your colleagues. After that, what does the program look like?
Phase 1: Customer Service (Front Office)
You begin in the Customer Service team in our Belux headquarters in Anderlecht, where you spend a minimum of 12 months getting to know the ins and outs of our business and customers. We offer our customers a premium product with a high service level that goes with it. In this role, you provide appropriate advice and ensure efficient and personal handling of our customers’ needs and requests. You gain a deep insight into the core of our business – our customers, products, services and software. This experience will teach you how to handle an inbound role and provide exposure to various departments within the company.
Phase 2: Inside Sales or in Customer Experience
Based on your ambitions and development, you move into a more specialised role within our organisation that matches with your personal aspirations. You will spend a minimum of 12 months gaining responsibility and expertise in your chosen field, this time experiencing a more outbound role.
- As an Inside Sales Account Manager , you combine the benefits of a customer central approach with the commercial challenge and independence of a job as a representative. You are responsible of your own client portfolio where you build sustainable relationships with your customers and help them find the most innovative and cost-efficient solutions.
- In a Customer Experience role in one of our internal teams, you will be part of the engine that keeps our business going. You ensure the high service level we promise and continuously improve the internal processes of your chosen expertise. You will collaborate closely with the business and other involved departments. You will specialise in a specific topic, that can be anything from customer satisfaction, tool services, software & service processes, finance, etc.
Throughout these two year you will be part of our graduate community. You will have the opportunity to interact with our Leadership team, as well as participate to various trainings, experience exchanges and events (one per year).
What happens next is up to you: you will benefit from one-to-one coaching and a yearly development discussion with your manager, where you will explore the various career development opportunities that fit with your career aspirations and your current skillset. At Hilti, everyone creates their own career path based on what they are good at and on what gives them energy.
80% of management roles are filled with internal candidates, so there is real potential to progress beyond where your start!
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We screen everyone in the company in a yearly career performance matching process. It means we can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit and further our teams personally and professionally.
What you need is:
- You’ve recently graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- You’re fluent in French and Dutch, with a correct level of English.
- You have a maximum of 2 years of professional experience, ideally in a customer facing role.
- You have a strong interest in customer satisfaction and are service minded.
- You’re mature, assertive and committed to your career development with good communication skills.
- You have good computer skills (MS Office, SAP is a plus).
- You describe yourself as flexible, proactive and able to come up with solutions.
Who should apply?
It's probably already clear to you: at Hilti, your commitment, your perseverance, your customer focus and your “Yes, we can” attitude are paramount, regardless of your background, level of education or origin.
New hires often perceive Hilti as a warm, tight-knit company with approachable, motivated people who are always ready to help you get results together.