What's the role?
The role of Development Operations (DevOps) Engineer is responsible for working with the development team on application build system, deployment, and network operations. This person will be responsible for managing the entire DevOps lifecycle including the operation and monitoring of company systems, creating and maintaining our continuous integration environment and development tool chain, and assisting with troubleshooting network and system problems. The ideal candidate will have cloud experience, including AWS and Azure, have demonstrated ability to build and maintain the whole stack from load balancing to databases, manage deployment, devise logging strategy, application performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and improving systems to keep everything running smoothly.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
- Deploying, automating, monitoring, maintaining and managing both on premise and cloud based production systems: ensuring the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems
- Team expert in build, release and configuration management of development, test and production systems
- Expert knowledge in setup and management of APIs gateway
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Expert knowledge in evaluating new deployment, monitoring and container technology options and vendor products.
- Engage with the IT Security team to adhere to Security standards, and help in passing IT security assessment and Penetration testing
- Ensuring critical system security using best in class cloud security solutions
- Work with software engineers to create and maintain development tool chains and environments using containerization tools such as Docker.
- Work as part of the team, with minimal direction
- Influence others at all levels of the organization by using interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for automation of build process and deployment, including mobile application build management.
- Create and continuously update documentations such as Network and Component Diagrams and DevOps processes. Able to share the DevOps best practice to the team.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
Hilti has been cited 8th World’s Best Workplaces for 2022. The accolades are given by Great Place to Work (GPTW), the worldwide industry leader in quantifying employee experience.
What do we offer?
Your responsibilities will be great and, with them, we’ll give you the freedom and autonomy to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results.
We’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – you will get global exposure, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process which enables your career progression as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
What you need is:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, required
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in DevOps, required
- Strong working knowledge of security principles such as server security, file systems and access control
- Expert knowledge in build automation and continuous integration tools such as GitLab, Docker, Maven, Ant, Ansible, etc.
- Expert knowledge of shell scripting (i.e. bash, PowerShell)
- Clear knowledge of containerization tools (i.e. Docker) and related orchestration platforms
- Working knowledge in creating and maintaining AWS EKS clusters and nodes
- General knowledge of Application Performance Monitoring like AppDynamics, Datadog.
- Working knowledge in installing and managing GitLab runners
- Working knowledge in supporting test management and automation frameworks such as Selenium, Saucelabs,
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork, ability and competitive drive, no matter what your background.