What's the role?
In this role, as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you work closely with developers and product managers to design and implement innovative solutions to our customers’ needs. You specify requirements of the tool electronics, which contains mechanical design, electronics and firmware. You explore and test new technologies. You are embedded in an industry-leading global engineering team to which you contribute with your broad system competency, especially in electronics design.
Possibility to work less than 40 hrs./week (min. 30 hrs/week).
Who is Hilti?
We develop, manufacture and sell cutting-edge products, technology, software and services for the global construction industry. Hilti stands for innovation, quality and direct customer relationships.
From the pre-development of our own motors, electronics and firmware, to series-maturity - our intelligent mechatronic systems come from our own research and development laboratories.
With 32,000 people in more than 120 countries, we're a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow in your career.
What does the role involve?
You are the developer responsible of the integration of electronics modules in new battery-driven power tools; contributing to bring the system from concept phase to serial production. You work in the electronics development team and take over the major part in the verification of the electronics, while acting as interface to various internal and external stakeholders/business partners, especially from the software development.
You explore and test new technologies that will bring the differentiation customers are looking for. You collect requirements and coordinate, with the module team, the configuration of pre-developed electronics to meet your project needs. Besides, you define and conduct a verification plan to release the electronics design for system tests.
Together with a cross-functional team of engineers, you will search for innovative solutions to overcome the challenges that will occur during the development of the of the product; you will optimize your drive, in terms of performance, cost, manufacturability and quality.
This is the cutting edge of corporate innovation, where the pace is fast, fun, energetic and inspiring.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we´ll support you in shaping your individual career path.
In addition, we offer you innovative and personalized Benefits, such as
- Flat hierarchies
- In-house fitness area with training courses
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mobile working
- DB JobTicket
- Subsidised Company Bike
- Subsidised monthly and annual public transport subscriptions
- Free charging pole for electric cars
- Asset creating benefit
- Company pension scheme (employer-financed)
- Subsidy for childcare
- Support in relocating and finding a flat
- Tax advice
What you need is:
- University master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar
- Multiple years of work experience in the industry designing electronics (schematics, layout…)
- Strong analytical skills and technical know-how, especially in the field of power electronics and motor control (hardware and software)
- Highly experienced with electronic failure analysis in a lab environment
- Development potential for further development as a technical expert
- High personal standard of performance and drive for result
- Passion for developing innovative solutions as part of an interdisciplinary, cross-functional team
- German language skills are an advantage
Why should you apply?
If you are passionate about embedded system engineering and motivated to grow while creating positive impact on building a sustainable future, you want to apply for this job.
During your job interview you will spend some time with us and get to know our company. Thus you will get a feeling for the job and our corporate culture.
Hilti stands for equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving applications from severely disabled persons and similarly disabled persons.
Contact: Hilti Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH I Miriam Fries I Human Resources
Should you encounter technical problems during your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.