What's the role?
It’s an incredibly exciting time to join the Global Reporting Team! We are building the future of reporting at Hilti and looking for new team members to play an integral part in our digital transformation journey. As a BI Developer & Reporting Analyst, you will work in a global, multicultural, collaborative, fun, and agile work environment. This role will require you to work closely with key stakeholders from the business to build systematic insights, accurate and effective data visualization (primarily using SAC), intuitive dashboards and data modelling to support the adoption of analytics into the decision-making processes across the Hilti organization as well as supporting internal stakeholders in ad-hoc tasks e.g., project work, operational tasks etc.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve-out your career.
What does the role involve?
• Define business requirements and recommend solutions in the form of features/ epics, user stories, and other document artifacts
• Development of dashboard using data visualization tools such as SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
• Data source identifications and management using SAP BW, BW4/HANA, etc.
• Perform data source mapping & ensure the expected flow of data from back-end to front-end in cooperation with IT developers
• Participate in global and regional information management meetings to align on priorities, development design and improvements
• Ask the right question to drive innovation, simplification and reduce complexity
• Efficiently handle release cycles and life cycle management for his/her data product
• Articulately and concisely explain the implications of complex data
Hilti has been cited 8th World’s Best Workplaces for 2022. The accolades are given by Great Place to Work (GPTW), the worldwide industry leader in quantifying employee experience.
What do we offer?
Your responsibilities will be great and, with them, we’ll give you the freedom and autonomy to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results.
We’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process which enables your career progression as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
What you need is:
• Minimum Bachelor’s in Computer Science/Technology/Data Analytics, preferred Master’s
• Ideally 3+ years on job experience with relevant skillsets
• Working experience with SAP Analytics Cloud/Power BI ( SAP Analytics Cloud preferred)
• Work experience with Bex Query Designer, Eclipse Query Designer , or similar tool
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications ( Excel, PowerPoint, etc. )
• Preferred experience in SAP Application Designer/Lumira/SAP Design Studio/SAP BW
• Know-how of SQL, R & Python programming will be propitious
• High learning agility
• Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to shape your career path together with team lead
• Have a structured working approach and take ownership of the tasks/projects
• General interest to understand business/end users "Who uses our products and what do they need?"
• Keen eye for details and aptitude for working with data in agile environment
• Thinks ‘out-of-the-box’ to creatively resolve development problems
• Good team player and able to effectively work in multi-functional/cross-cultural environment
• Strong storytelling skills or visual understanding
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork, ability and competitive drive, no matter what your background.