What's the role?
*Can be based in the Cleveland or Columbus area - will cover Northern OH market*
This position provides technical support and drives the sales of specified products to salesforce and customers(buying and non-buying) consistent with Hilti’s strategy. This position educates design communities concerning proper use and advantages of Hilti fastening and protection products. This position capitalizes on Hilti competencies to secure commitments for specification or approval of Hilti Products while adding value by assisting design community and influencers in solving design problems using Hilti Products. This position protects company from liability exposure through use of sound engineering judgment. Provides leadership and coaching to new and less experienced team members.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
Provide technical support as requested. This may include the following:
- Face to face, telephone, and electronic communication with territory salesperson, strategic business personnel, sales managers, contractors, designers, specifiers, or officials of codes and approvals
- Competent written communication with customers (buying and non-buying); such communication must be technically accurate, minimize Hilti’s exposure, and demonstrate common sense problem solving capabilities
- Visit jobsites and company offices with or without salespeople or strategic business personnel to assess application problems, opportunities, and provide technical education and solutions
- Investigate product failures in the field and provide product management feedback on local issues as needed
- Investigate business opportunities in the field by participating in Customer Surveys as needed for product and market development
- Participate in local sales strategy development and at sales management review and improve sessions
- Provide professional educational seminars and presentations for A/E firms to inform them of Hilti products, their performance characteristics, applications, and product limitations
- Provide competent recommendations to engineers, architects, and other designers on specific applications using sound engineering judgment; educate specifier on technical advantages of Hilti solutions not covered by test data
- Provide field testing to determine appropriate capabilities in situations not covered by test data
- Review project specifications or calculations for engineers and architects; provide feedback to designers regarding accuracy, suitability, and code compliance
- Utilizing software provided by Hilti, maintain accurate records of contacts and specifications; coordinate with salesforce to ensure that key opportunities are capitalized on
- Create and coordinate jobsite management within CRM system utilizing Hi Site; includes creation of specific jobsites, applications, and active participation in the monthly sales management meetings (with RM)
- Communicate application specifications with design community to sales team utilizing CRM system, assigning tasks and action items to applicable AMs for conversion of specification to sale
- Maintain and update regional fact-base and contacts of designers, influencers, and code officials Work with local/regional code and approval agencies to obtain necessary approvals
- Understand construction methods and local building codes, as they relate to Hilti products
- Provide input on technical approvals and reports related to Hilti’s products
- Active in local organizations of the design and construction community, i.e. CSI, ASCE, Structural Engineer’s Association
Hilti has been ranked in the Top 10 among the 'World’s Best Workplaces' in 2022,coming in at #8!
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive base salary and exciting bonus potential, we offer a robust benefits package including a generous paid time off policy that includes vacation, personal days, health & wellness, and 2 days per year to give back in your local community, paid family leave, educational reimbursement and student loan assistance, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision coverage, and a variety of other benefits to fit the needs of our employees.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural or Civil Engineering required; Master’s degree (technical or business) preferred
- Knowledge of construction methods and practices preferred
- 2 years minimum experience in engineering/construction role preferred
Why should you apply?
We will give you the tools you need to succeed through hands-on integration training and will support your continued professional development through ongoing training and mentoring, targeted leadership programs, and opportunities for international assignments in any of the 120+ countries in which we operate.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.