What's the role?
The Regional IT Manager (RIM) of A2 (South Asia) assures and coordinates the needed IT services and operations delivery within the region covering 9 countries (Singapore, Malaysia, New Zealand, Australia, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and India) and includes people management responsibilities for locations with IT personnel. The RIM assures a very high level of user focus and service orientation and is the primary contact and escalation point for all IT operations and support related topics, working closely with various global IT teams within Hilti.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
As a RIM, you will be working closely with Hilti end users and global IT teams to ensure business and IT collaboration is achieved at the highest level. The role focuses on the following responsibilities:
- Act as first point of contact for regional and local demand, involve required functions from Global IT’s verticals and horizontals.
- Overall responsibility to provide IT infrastructure support in the region
- Implement and run regional IT support and operations, manage the resolution of local and regional IT tickets (1 st & 2 nd Level Support) according to IT standards and agreed Service Level Agreements
- Target-group-specific communication of IT service and support topics to the regional user community and management teams.
- Escalation point for all local and regional IT service and support issues
- Direct team lead for all IT Delivery team members in the region including needed hiring and especially the development of the team, identification of regional talents and integration into Expert Teams
- Project accountability for regional and local IT infrastructure projects, or regional parts of global projects
- Contract - & service provider management for all IT Services in region, IT budget responsibility
- Assures regional & local IT compliance
- Contribute to global standards (including management of hardware and software lifecycle), responsible to define and maintain technical documentation and training materials
- Leading Major Incident management. Drive incident meeting with teams and vendors. Provides stakeholder update. Ensure service restoration within SLA.
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative and more productive team.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – experience different job functions and international career opportunities. Work with our high-performing and caring global team to develop yourself and find the right match for your ambition to achieve the exciting career you’re after. You will learn the ropes quick with a senior or mentor who can provide feedback and guidance to you on your work. At Hilti, you are in control of how you develop yourself and move up in your career, either within the technical area or to grow into other roles.
We have a very thorough people review process. We pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways and new places. It’s how we find the right fit and further our teams personally and professionally.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related fields; Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) > 3.0 or similar grading is a must.
- At least 3 years proven membership of a globally oriented IT team and equivalent management track record for leading an IT support team.
- In-depth knowledge of IT client infrastructure environments, including relevant technologies, services and innovations, is able to explain the IT services in a language understood by business.
- Has a proven user- and business focus (instead of a technology focus), understands the user-needs in a very good manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across all levels in IT and business, can communicate to all functions of the organization up to high level management
- Interaction with cross-functional teams in Hilti’s global IT organization
- Language: English fluently written and spoken, excellent communication skills. Additional communication in other languages would be advantageous.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team of IT experts and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using latest technologies.
Interested for the role?
Click through the 'Apply Now' button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a couple of short questions–the whole process should take around 90 seconds. If we like what we see, you'll be invited to a telephone interview.
If we don't have a suitable role for you at the moment, we will keep you in our talent pool for the future so your recruitment process might take a bit longer, but we'll be sure to stay in touch.
Looking forward to hearing from you!