What's the role?
Senior Software Developer is a pivotal role in Hilti’s Global Application Software Unit. The Senior Software Developer is responsible for implementing backlog tasks, architectural designs and solutions, and executing on development tasks. Further, drives and validates use of patterns and practices defined by the broader technical organization, as well as adopts the established DevOps framework.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
Normal office environment
Up to 10% international travel required
2021 - Top 100 Best Companies to Work For as published by Fortune magazine
What do we offer?
- Company-paid benefits are effective on your first day of employment
- Hybrid work environment for independent focus and team collaboration
- Education and professional certifications assistance
- Recognition: online, points-based recognition platform that helps team members recognize and reward one another
- Holidays, vacation, personal days, health and wellness days, and community service days to give balance in your life
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum six (6) years experience designing and developing enterprise-scale applications and services
- Prior experience working with geographically distributed development teams a plus Excellent written and oral communication skills; quick learner with a strong work ethic; self-motivated, team player
- Experience conducting code reviews and taking part in technical discussions
- Experience working in an Agile environment (SCRUM, XP, etc)
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented programming languages, including C#
- Experience with relational databases as well as ORM technologies (non-relational databases a plus) Experience designing and developing Web API’s and/or microservices in .NET (preferred) or Node.js
- Familiarity with container concepts and toolsets (Docker required, Kubernetes a plus)
- Experience using Git for version control with various branching strategies and development workflows (forking, pull requests, rebasing, etc)
- Experience with unit testing and test driven development methodologies (TDD, BDD, etc)
- Familiarity with Cloud-based platforms and paradigms (AWS preferred)
Why should you apply?
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.