What's the role?
Design of electrical power tools, modules and components based on agreed product concepts and specifications during development, re-sourcing and product care projects.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
- Take an active part in developing power tools in cooperation with the development teams in Asia and Europe.
- Carry out the design work for components and complete units of power tools and accessories.
- Building up sound competence regarding technical/physical function of the tools and its design methods to ensure the right interpretation of test results regarding function and reliability in different applications.
- Optimize the design of the tools and their components in a systematic way to fulfill Hilti standards in sense of quality and costs.
- Report all results and findings and give recommendations for improvements, further actions and design adaptions to the team.
- Take necessary steps to ensure proper planning and management of the design steps. Review and clarify accuracy of specifications coming from the German development center.
- Ensure a close relationship with Hilti teams, the plants and Supplier during the development process.
- Take care of the complete documentation of the design results.
Hilti supports his employees in the long-term: We offer our employees a company pension plan and an external consulting portal for employee-financed pension plans
Next to our innovative products we proudly present the Hilti EXO-O1 Exoskeleton developed together with Ottobock. The innovation provides relief for physically demanding tasks, such as those performed on construction sites every day.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
What you need is:
- University graduate (min. bachelor degree in mechanical engineering) with 5+ years working experience in development environment as mechanical designer.
- Proficiency in English is a must
- Excellence in working with CAD Software better is Unigraphics NX
- Experience in working with PDM systems is a plus.
- Experience in power tool design, in particular: a. Experience in designing complex mechanical systems, such as Sawing tool; Cutting and Grinding tools — for mechanical components design b. Experience in Powertools; development process
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Superior PC knowledge in all Microsoft Windows applications.
- The candidate must be mature, initiative, independent and proactive.
- Open minded for changes and new experiences.
- Able to deal with intercultural problems.
- Experience to work with European or/and Overseas technicians.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team.
Welook forward to receiving your application, interested applicants please submityour CV by clicking the "Apply Now" button.