What's the role?
We are looking for a Senior Motor Control Engineer to join our innovative Motor & Drive Control team that is working on significant breakthroughs in drive design. In this position you have the exciting opportunity to contribute greatly on the design of the electric drive systems that power the Hilti power tool fleet of tomorrow.
Who is Hilti?
We develop, manufacture and sell cutting-edge products, technology, software and services for the global construction industry. Hilti stands for innovation, quality and direct customer relationships.
From the pre-development of our own motors, electronics and firmware, to series-maturity - our intelligent mechatronic systems come from our own research and development laboratories.
With 32,000 employees in more than 120 countries, we're a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow in your career.
What does the role involve?
As a member of our Motor & Drive Control team, you will model, design, implement, test, and benchmark the motor controls of Hilti electric drives. You will have the end-2-end responsibility to develop control functions for electrical drive trains like torque-, current-, flux- and direct torque control, its parameter identification and optimization for use in embedded systems (e.g. memory and runtime). This includes concept phase, specification, development, application, and validation as well as the product lifecycle after release. As the designer of the function and the underlying functional architecture, you do the validation of algorithms in various environments (e.g. simulation, test benches, power tools).
With your in-depth knowledge of motor control and embedded software engineering, you will specify, architect, design, prototype, and verify advanced motor control algorithms while working in interdisciplinary development teams to develop differentiating solutions. In addition, you will actively collaborate with motor design, firmware, hardware, and system engineering teams during the design life cycle.
You will take overall responsibility for the motor control software with your technical leadership in cross-functional or cross-departmental teams and coach the team's developers.
As an innovation driver in our team and you will implement your own ideas for future-oriented differentiation features in Hilti products and foster university collaboration by supervising student employees during internships and theses.
You’ll work with some of the industry’s most trusted and innovative engineering products.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we´ll support you in shaping your individual career path.
In addition, we offer you innovative and personalized Benefits, such as
- Company pension (employer-financed)
- (Corporate) health management
- Flexible working arrangements and teleworking
- Individual career and development opportunities
- Support in relocating and finding a flat
- Tax advice
Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment are essential for Hilti – both today and tomorrow. We are proud to say that we not only talk about our values, but also live them every day.
What you need is:
- Completed studies (Diploma, Master’s degree, PhD) in electrical engineering and/or information technology with focus on motor control and embedded software
- Expert in electrical motor control for brushless drives (vector (field-oriented) control, block (six-step) commutation, sensorless position and speed observers) with knowledge about embedded microcontrollers or digital signal processors
- Good knowledge about model-based function development with MATLAB/Simulink and about auto coding tools and software prototyping systems
- Experience with various PWM schemes such as space vector, discontinuous, and sinusoidal modulation, including data-acquisition methods
- Basic proficiency with embedded firmware development in C/C++
- Practiced in the handling of application life cycle tools (e.g. SVN, Git, Jira, PTC, …)
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a solid analytical and practical (hands-on) approach
- Very good communication skills with English, German is optional
Why should you apply?
You want to create disruptive modern technologies and solutions for our electric powertrains? Our Motor & Drive Control Team is responsible for giving life to the motors, and electronics that power solutions that change our users’ lives. We are pushing the limits in motor control and motor design. You are up for a global career in an international company and want to continuously develop yourself? Then you should accept the challenge and become a member of our Motor & Drive Control team.
Take up the next challenge and start your career with HILTI! We are always looking for employees for a long-term cooperation.
During your job interview you will spend some time with us and get to know our company. Thus you will get a feeling for the job and our corporate culture.
Hilti stands for equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving applications from severely disabled persons and similarly disabled persons.
Contact: Hilti Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH I Miriam Fries I Human Resources
Should you encounter technical problems during your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .