What's the role?
The role of Service Technician is to maintain quality of service in the repair of Hilti equipment by timely and efficient repairs, and providing best-in-class customer service. This position contributes to the overall financial success of the company by controlling cost of goods sold (COGS), process improvement, and cost containment throughout the repair process. Additionally, the Service Technician I is responsible for maximizing productivity within Repair Operations (RO) while delivering high-quality, timely repairs of Hilti tools, and enhancing the value-added image associated with owning Hilti tools.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
- Maintain and enhance technical knowledge and skills through continuous professional development by studying and reviewing on-line repair manuals, schematics, and technical files
- Perform high quality repairs to Hilti products through proper problem diagnosis and application of prescribed corrective measures while utilizing appropriate tools and systems
- Use hand scanners to receive, diagnose, pick spare parts, repair, and complete the repair of Hilti tools
- Conduct final functional and safety testing after every repair to ensure customer safety
- Maintain adequate parts inventory by accurate picking of spare parts, identifying and increasing inadequate safety stock levels, through continuous inventory tracking
- Assist Senior Repair Technician in maintaining rapport and communication through daily contact with customers and/or sales personnel
- Assist with benchmarking repairs, reducing cost of goods sold, and standardizing repairs throughout the repair network, by traveling and participating in Tool Repair Workbench Summits
- Provide data and information to Hilti quality and product managers that are used to identify potential improvements to the overall quality and safety of Hilti tools
- Maintain work areas, tools, and assigned equipment in a proper, organized order thus enabling the incumbent to perform the job in a timely, safe, and efficient manner
- Follow company policies, procedures, and rules
- Follow Hilti’s core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Commitment, and Courage
- Additional duties as assigned
Our logistics operation is special because we own our whole supply chain, something that’s almost unique for a company of our size
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive base salary, we offer a robust benefits package including a generous paid time off policy that includes vacation, personal days, health & wellness, and 2 days per year to give back in your local community, paid family leave, educational reimbursement and student loan assistance, RRSP matching, medical/dental/vision coverage, and a variety of other benefits to fit the needs of our employees.
We will give you the tools you need to succeed through hands-on integration training and will support your continued professional development through ongoing training and mentoring, targeted leadership programs, and opportunities for international assignments in any of the 120+ countries in which we operate.
What you need is:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience required
- Experience in mechanical or electrical repairs
- Experience using Windows Applications preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess good attention to detail and have the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly and operate effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Must be customer service oriented and be able to work in a team environment
Who should apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background
- Workshop environment subject to heat, cold, dust, and other particles
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours daily while performing tool repairs at workstation
- Must have the ability to use hand tools and equipment to disassemble and assemble power tools
- Must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti and Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (COSHR)
- Safety shoes and safety glasses required