What's the role?
This position provides technical support and drives the sales of specified products to salesforce and customers (buying and non-buying) consistent with Hilti’s strategy. This position educates design communities concerning proper use and advantages of Hilti fastening and protection products. This position capitalizes on Hilti competencies to secure commitments for specification or approval of Hilti Products while adding value by assisting design community and influencers in solving design problems using Hilti Products. This position protects company from liability exposure through use of sound engineering judgment. Provides leadership and coaching to new and less experienced team members.
Who is Hilti?
What does the role involve?
Provide technical support as requested. This may include the following:
- Face to face, telephone, and electronic communication with territory salesperson, strategic business personnel, sales managers, contractors, designers, specifiers, or officials of codes and approvals
- Competent written communication with customers (buying and non-buying); such communication must be technically accurate, minimize Hilti’s exposure, and demonstrate common sense problem solving capabilities
- Visit jobsites and company offices with or without salespeople or strategic business personnel to assess application problems, opportunities, and provide technical education and solutions
- Investigate product failures in the field and provide product management feedback on local issues as needed
- Investigate business opportunities in the field by participating in Customer Surveys as needed for product and market development
- Participate in local sales strategy development and at sales management review and improve sessions
- Provide professional educational seminars and presentations for A/E firms to inform them of Hilti products, their performance characteristics, applications, and product limitations
- Provide competent recommendations to engineers, architects, and other designers on specific applications using sound engineering judgment; educate specifier on technical advantages of Hilti solutions not covered by test data
- Provide field testing to determine appropriate capabilities in situations not covered by test data
- Review project specifications or calculations for engineers and architects; provide feedback to designers regarding accuracy, suitability, and code compliance
- Utilizing software provided by Hilti, maintain accurate records of contacts and specifications; coordinate with salesforce to ensure that key opportunities are capitalized on
- Create and coordinate jobsite management within CRM system utilizing Hi Site; includes creation of specific jobsites, applications, and active participation in the monthly sales management meetings (with RM)
- Communicate application specifications with design community to sales team utilizing CRM system, assigning tasks and action items to applicable AMs for conversion of specification to sale
- Maintain and update regional fact-base and contacts of designers, influencers, and code officials
- Work with local/regional code and approval agencies to obtain necessary approvals:
- Understand construction methods and local building codes, as they relate to Hilti products
- Provide input on technical approvals and reports related to Hilti’s products
- Active in local organizations of the design and construction community, i.e. CSI, ASCE, Structural Engineer’s Association
93% of our people say they’re proud to work for Hilti, thanks to the quality of our products and the way we look after our people.
What do we offer?
We will give you the tools you need to succeed through hands-on integration training and will support your continued professional development through ongoing training and mentoring, targeted leadership programs, and opportunities for international assignments in any of the 120+ countries in which we operate.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural or Civil Engineering required; Master’s degree (technical or business) preferred
- Member of the Engineers and Geoscientists of BC would be an asset, either as an EIT or P.Eng. (engineer-in-training or Professional Engineer)
- Knowledge of construction methods and practices preferred
- 2 years minimum experience in engineering/construction role preferred
- Must be able to travel to the U.S. for training, within 1 month of hire date.
- Company vehicle provided for carrying tools/fasteners for product demonstration purposes
- A valid G license with clean driving abstract: Maximum of 4 demerit points for the previous 3 years, no major violations in the last 12 months and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3 year period.
Who should apply?
More than 30% of our employees have been part of the Hilti family for over 10 years.
- Combination of retail store, hands-on training exercises, meetings, workshops, and presentations.
- Occasional travel may be required and could include sales calls to customers’ offices and/or jobsites.
- Hands-on training requires the use of power tools in simulated jobsite conditions
- Job requires walking on construction sites and uneven surfaces, and may include climbing scaffolding, ladders, and stairs during all seasons of the year
- Construction jobsites may expose Hilti Center Representatives to excessively loud noises; ear protection is strongly encouraged and may be required on some jobsites
- Hardhat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, steel toe boots, and long pants required for working jobsites
- Must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti and Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (COSHR)
- Must be able to walk on construction projects, climb scaffolding, and lift and carry up to 65 pounds of Hilti product
The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skills sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the application geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled.
At Hilti, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range is $95,000- $115,000.