What's the role
As Credit & Collection Specialist, you report to the Credit and Collection Manager and operate on the Belgium and Luxembourg market. With a variety of clients and colleagues in all corners of the BeLux region, you are able to communicate clearly in French, Dutch and English.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
As a Credit & Collection Specialist your main responsibilities and tasks are:
- Serve as a key member of the Credit & Collection team and provide start-to-finish credit solutions to our customers and salesforce;
- Monitor credit exposure to facilitate management of risks, and negotiate credit terms when customers are unable to meet established guidelines;
- Participate on all Credit & Collection activities to ensure full compliance with our corporate and local credit policies and proactively support the continuous improvement of them;
- Create financial awareness by presence on the field with our sales force visiting customers and through trainings;
- For assigned top selected B2B customers you are proactive in resolving credit problems, investigate and assess the customers’ financial condition to mitigate risk exposure;
- Work on special projects in close collaboration with the regional and/or global headquarters and work together with external financing companies to provide solutions to our clients;
Did you know that Hilti was awarded the Great Place to Work certification six times in the last few years, thanks to its caring and performance-oriented culture?
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We screen everyone in the company in a yearly career performance matching process. It means we can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit and further our teams personally and professionally.
What you need is:
Hilti is looking for a proactive team player who has the ability to accurately work in a fast changing environment in a challenging market. You are a keen listener and quick on your feet with follow up questions. Also, positive attitude and motivation to learn, develop and grow within the organization locally, as well as internationally, is important. Next to the above you have:
- Recently graduated from university, or you have at least 2 years of experience in credit review, accounting, accounts receivables, internal / external audit or controlling;
- Preferably a Master degree in Finance, Accounting or Risk management;
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch, French and English;
- Effective problem solving experiences with understanding of financial statements, credit risk analysis, credit practices and procedures;
- Extensive MS Office knowledge and SAP/BI knowledge is an advantage
- A keen interest in recent trends related to credit risk assessment;
- The ambition to move internationally is a plus.
Who should apply?
It's probably already clear to you: at Hilti, your commitment , your perseverance , your customer focus and your “ Yes, we can ” attitude are paramount, regardless of your background, level of education or origin.
New hires often perceive Hilti as a warm, tight-knit company with approachable, motivated people who are always ready to help you get results together.