What's the role?
As a Key Account Manager, you’ll be out visiting our largest tool hire customers, wherever they’re busy working, to find out how our solutions can help them. You'll find yourself working and driving business opportunities with our key tool hire clients - so no day will be the same!
This role will require the individual to be based in the Northwest of England. The role includes nationwide travel.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers. Hilti is very proud to be ranked as the UK's 12th best large organisation to work for in the Great Place to Work survey.
What does the role involve?
The role of Key Account Manager for our Tool Hire team is a vital one, driving the success of some of our largest customers.
- Devise, coordinate and deliver detailed strategies to maximize the profitable potential of the assigned tool hire key accounts.
- Develop a high-level network within the tool hire stakeholders.
- Development of new business opportunities through investigation of potential areas to ensure an increasing share of wallet and attractive return on sales.
- Responsibilities include close collaboration to relevant stakeholders inside the business to ensure projects meet the performance criteria, schedule and budget expectations.
- Maintain a high self-drive and commitment to achieve consistent results.
We welcomed 1000 additional team members last year and have more than 30,000 employees worldwide.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and we've worked hard to develop a reward package that reflects this. Some of our benefits include:
- Genuine career advancement (more than 80% of all leadership roles are filled internally)
- 6% employer pension contributions
- Private Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
- Company vehicle and fuel card for sales roles
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays) plus the ability to purchase 5 days more annually
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Hilti Benefits Box, a reward platform offering a cycle to work scheme and shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Employee resource groups focused on gender, mental health, race, disability, LGBTQ+ and sustainability topics
- Trips to locations such as Milan, New York and global HQ for high performers across all teams
What you need is:
- Experience in sales or logistics gained in any industry
- Strong technical background and knowledge of Hilti products
- Excellent negotiating skills in pricing, trading agreements, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience in Tool Hire will be desirable but not essential
- Clear demonstration of understanding or relationships with key players/customers within the segment
- A full, clean, manual driving license
Who should apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Please DO NOT apply for multiple roles - the team will assign you where your skills are the best fit.
Click through the 'Apply Now' button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a couple of short questions – the whole process should take around 90 seconds.
If you meet the requirements of the role you'll be invited to complete a fun online assessment and a short pre-recorded video interview - please look out for this in your junk mail as it can end up there!
If you need any support with your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you're in the formal process, there are three stages – a first interview with a Regional Manager, a day-in-the-life 'field ride' to give you a real feel for the job and a final interview with a Sales Director. We'll also pay your expenses if you have to travel to meet us.
If we don't have a suitable role for you at the moment, we will keep you in our talent pool for the future so your recruitment process might take a bit longer but we'll be sure to stay in touch.
Hilti is where your best belongs. We are an equal opportunity employer and value the contributions of all our team members regardless of sex, gender identity/expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or family status.