What's the role?
As a Tool Service Technician, the nature of the role is hands-on. This role will see you repair Hilti power tools, analyse and conduct final functional and safety testing after every repair to ensure quality and customer safety.
You will operate within a bench-based workshop and be provided with all the necessary tools and resources to ensure that our power tools are repaired safely and within a timely manner. Working as a part of a team, you will work on a range of Hilti products, working quickly and efficiently to achieve same day targets.
If you have experience in maintaining and repairing electric tools, a similar skill base or even an interest in mechanical devices and enjoy fault finding and repairing this is the job for you!
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
- Carry out service, repair and calibration of all Hilti tools and equipment from cordless power tools to diamond wall saws and concrete x-ray scanning equipment.
- Follow globally defined repair standards while utilising the latest equipment to analyse, test and calibrate Hilti products
- Perform all repair work with a balanced view towards quality, cost and time
- Play an active part in Hilti Aftermarket Services Quality improvement processes
- Contribute regularly to Continuous Improvement Processes
- Take responsibility and ownership of the work benches and hand tools
- Ongoing training to learn new products and processes.
- Ensure Environmental, Health and Safety procedures are followed at all times
Hilti is privately owned company, the Hilti family still own and operate the global company from our Headquarters based in Liechtenstein.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you:
- Competitive salary base + bonus
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- An extra week of leave and leave loading of 17.5%
- Collaborative and supportive team
- An extra week of leave - i.e. 5 weeks leave
- Opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
What you need is:
- Experience in maintaining and repairing electric tools / similar skill base
- Willingness to learn & adaptability to take on new challenges
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment - execute multiple tasks on time to fulfill daily operational deadlines
- Electrical or mechanical background is an advantage
- Relevant electrical or mechanical license is an advantage
- Comfortable using a computer e.g. Microsoft windows, Internet, Excel, and SAP is desirable but we can coach you
Why should you apply?
We employ 39 different nationalities within Hilti Australia and many more across the globe. We value the unique contributions of each and every member of our diverse Hilti family. Keeping in mind our core values and customer orientation we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Work somewhere where you are trusted to make a difference. Where you can become your best. Where your curiosity can shape what’s next. Interested?
Apply ASAP and we'll review applications as they come in!