What's the role?
We are on the lookout for a customer-focused Business Developer (Mining) to join our Energy & Industry team in Perth.
Reporting to the Segment Manager - Mining, the Business Developer role will see you will create strategies and lead their execution to increase sales from the accounts based on commercial relationship and technical specifications within Perth mining segment.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with an engineering and sales background working within the mining industry and ready to take the next step.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
- Contributes and accountable for sales development (direct or indirect), long term relationship build-up, and execution of account strategy working on tailored commercial and technical solutions, engineering specifications and standards
- Works with operational teams and management in target accounts including designers, engineers, project team members, purchase department, lead engineers, discipline managers, turnaround teams across multiple disciplines (Civil, Structural, Electrical, Instrumentation, Piping & Procurement)
- Examines economic and market trends and conditions that affect the company, and develop strategies to take full advantage of any changing circumstances
- Maintains effective communication systems throughout the team and company
Hilti ranks 12th on this year’s World's Best Workplaces by Great Place to Work®
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you:
- A competitive salary base and bonus
- Tools of the trade: Fully maintained motor vehicle, fuel card & mobile phone
- An extra week of leave - i.e. 5 weeks leave
- Leave loading of 17.5% - i.e. you are paid and additional 17.5% of your salary for the days you take annual leave
- Two (2) paid days per year to give back you your community & volunteer
- Access to Converge EAP - with you & your family members entitled to 6 free sessions per year (in the areas of lifestyle, legal, money & nutrition)
- A diverse and inclusive culture – with over 39 different nationalities at Hilti Australia
- Opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree; Engineering degree is advantageous (Civil & Structural preferred)
- Experience within the mining industry
- Demonstrable experience in business development
- Business sales negotiation skills with a consultative sales mindset
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Enthusiasm to learn and drive to succeed
- Acts independently and thinks strategically
- Due to the field-based nature of the role, a valid Australian Drivers License and travel mobility is essential
Why should you apply?
We employ 39 different nationalities within Hilti Australia and many more across the globe. We value the unique contributions of each and every member of our diverse Hilti family. Keeping in mind our core values and customer orientation we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Interested? Apply ASAP and we'll move forward with applications as they come through.