What's the role?
Are you a recent graduate? Or have you recently stepped into your career but want more responsibility and an accelerated career path? Then the Account Manager Trainee – Sales Development Program is the role for you!
The purpose of this role is to manage and operate a Hilti Store to maximize walk-in sales and smaller field accounts and provide a high level of customer service. We’re looking for motivated individuals who have a passion for sales and desire advancement opportunities throughout the U.S and globally.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
- Sell, service, and promote the full Hilti product line directly to walk in customers and smaller field accounts; create innovative ways to drive sales through merchandising and product demo efforts.
- Review and analyze all shipping documents and sales trends; identify and make corrections to ensure correct inventory levels are on hand to drive sales.
- Post receipts, disbursements, and material returns; review reorder recommendations to ensure adequate replenishment of the Hilti Store.
- Expedite customer backorders and switch to locations that meet customers’ delivery requirements with the most cost-effective mode of transportation.
- Reconcile opening, closing, and annual physical inventories for the Hilti Store.
- Audit Hilti Store cycle counts, backorders, unconfirmed orders, and manual stock status transactions to ensure inventory levels are correct and consistent.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and storefront at all times; keep assigned equipment in good order.
- Additional duties as assigned.
This is the cutting edge of corporate innovation, where the pace is fast, fun, energetic and inspiring.
What do we offer?
Other than the ongoing training & mentoring mentioned above, you’ll be given everything you need to excel in your role. You’ll receive a generous compensation package for the work that you do with the possibility to earn bonus for going above and beyond. You’ll get great benefits including Medical and Dental insurance, generous Paid Time Off (including 2 days to go and give back to your local community however you want) educational reimbursement, health and wellness days – the list goes on.
We also offer many opportunities to develop your career in various departments of interest (which we think is a pretty unique perk) alongside the possibility to work internationally in any of the 120+ countries we operate within if you decide that’s the path you’d want to take.
What you need is:
- High School Diploma or GED required; bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to lead change and adapt to a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to gather and analyze appropriate information to develop and implement effective strategies.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to grow a loyal customer base in a retail setting while strengthening the company’s position and market share.
- Ability to analyze information to help identify targeted customers and create business plans to identify customers’ potential where gaps exist in current purchasing habits.
- Ability to properly care for and maintain company assets (e.g. company product).
- Ability to effectively demonstrate the proper use of Hilti products to customers.
- Ability to work with all departments to be a successful Hilti Store Representative (materials management, logistics, credit, marketing, technical services, and customer service).
- Understanding of MS Office to manage, analyze, and develop business plans to effectively grow sales.
- Understanding of the process for getting things done in a matrix organization.
- Basic understanding of sales through multiple channels.
- Basic understanding of consultative selling techniques.
- Mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Some experience with reading and understanding construction documents preferred.
Why should you apply?
Let’s face it, we know there are lots of other companies out there, however, we have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. Throughout the program you will work with leaders who not only understand our business but have a passion for people development and helping others achieve greatness.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.