What's the role?
We are looking for a Key Project Manager who can hit the ground running in a fast-paced, high-performing, international working culture.
The Key Project Manager will be responsible of the sales result within the Key Projects active in Italy, working together with engineering and sales force.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
The role aim is to orchestrate both engineering resources and sales to have Hilti specified in these projects starting from the Design Stage up to the Realization Stage and to influence main contractors and relevant accounts together with sales force.
Main areas of responsibilities will be:
Key Projects list definition
- Gather information from external sources (Inedit, Telemat, accounts, etc.) and from engineering and sales force to define twice per year a list of key projects that we want to approach with KPMs
- Make sure the key projects list is well known within engineering and sales organization
- Maintain the right balance between projects at design stage vs jobsites (max 30/min 70)
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork (price agreements, contracts, financial check, etc.) is in place before the project start
- Create a plan, set objectives and select team members
- Organize a project kick-off with the Hilti team, defining roles and responsibilities of each one
- Organize periodic internal meetings once the project has started to discuss what has been done, achievements, main issues and next steps
- Actively approach customers with local engineering and sales, maintaining a direct contact with the General Contractor and the Project/Site supervisor
- Serve as the linking pin
- Keep track of the activites in place and financials on the assigned projects utilizing SalesForce (Construction Project)
- Provide regular updates towards Sales VP and/or Head of Engineering on progress on the targeted projects/customers
- If the KPM is also certified as BPM, then operate as BIM Project Manager in case of BIM opportunities
- Establish excellent working relationships with Field Engineer and Account Manager /Area Sales Managers
- Actively provide input and serve as a sparring partner for colleagues in sales and engineering, sharing experiences on main applications (locally or at global/larger scale)
- Support change management with regards to jobsite approach
- Perform all your work in compliance with Hilti rules and current regulations
- Ask for and give feedback
At Hilti, you’ll enjoy all the perks of being part of a big company, but with the autonomy of running a small business.
What do we offer?
We believe that your professional growth and our company growth go hand in hand, so we’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role. In return for your exceptional performance, you’ll receive ongoing training, one-to-one career mentoring and exciting opportunities to move around the business.
What you need is:
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team.
So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.