What's the role?
• Identify functional, cost & performance targets for products and drive and take liability for product realization towards these targets on time and within budget. Design, analyse and improve components and complete mechanical product systems for consumable products within established Hilti policies, quality standards and guidelines as active part of a global project team.
• Main scope of this position is to take the development role in projects for A1 PLS projects, where project setup is focused towards fast introduction of a product solution.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
1. Conduct market/application research in project definition phases to ensure quality of DDs/PSVs.
2. Carry out concept development with scenario technique, work out outlooks for performance, costs, invests and timeline of design concepts to prepare management decision.
3. Carry out development work (product realization) for components and complete mechanical product systems for consumable products from concept design to release of mass production line.
4. Professional management of the development related tasks & risks in the projects. Take necessary steps to ensure proper planning and tracking of the development steps. Review and clarify accuracy of specifications. Take care of all development documentation.
5. Building up sound competence regarding technical/physical function of the product systems, their materials and production processes, customer applications for these products, their design, testing & evaluation methods (incl. standards& norms and also external 3rd party evaluations).
6. Active, self-responsible part in global project teams. Work in close cooperation with other functions like quality, sourcing, manufacturing plants, marketing.
7. Work according to systematic methods and internal Hilti as well as external standards in sense of quality and costs. Analyse, condense and report development results and derive recommendations for next steps.
8. Transfer own knowhow to young team members, take active coaching role for functional expertice, daily work organization and project business.
Our unique culture is why people stay at Hilti - and why it’s not unheard of to find two generations of the same family working with us.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
What you need is:
1. Competence in product development and project management, especially direct customer contact for aligning product specifications, minimum 5 years working experience.
2. University graduate (mechanical engineering).
3. Proficiency in English and Mandarin.
4. High innovation and problem-solving skills with a drive to implement solutions.
5. Analytical and organizational skills.
6. Experience in working with CAD Software mandatory (Unigraphics NX preferable), experience in working with PDM-systems preferable.
7. PC knowledge in all Microsoft Windows applications.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team.