What's the role?
The role of Hilti North America (HNA) Account Manager is the direct link between Hilti and the customer. This position is responsible for creating, maintaining, and growing the customer base for HNA. Consistently recognized by Selling Power Magazine as a top company to sell for, Hilti is a world-leading manufacturer and supplier of quality, innovative, and specialized tool and fastening systems for professional users in a variety of construction trades.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
93% of our people say they’re proud to work for Hilti, thanks to the quality of our products and the way we look after our people.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive base salary and uncapped bonus potential, we offer a robust benefits package including a generous paid time off policy that includes vacation, personal days, health & wellness, and 2 days per year to give back in your local community, paid family leave, educational reimbursement and student loan assistance, RRSP matching, medical/dental/vision coverage, and a variety of other benefits to fit the needs of our employees.
We will give you the tools you need to succeed through hands-on integration training and will support your continued professional development through ongoing training and mentoring, targeted leadership programs, and opportunities for international assignments in any of the 120+ countries in which we operate.
What you need is:
• High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
• Previous outside sales experience with proven track record of success of growing sales to a loyal customer base within a designated geographical area while strengthening the company’s position and market share within assigned territory
• Some experience with reading and understanding construction documents preferred
• Previous experience of preparing professional sales presentations and quotes for customers
• Previous experience assisting credit department collect on past due outstanding accounts receivables preferred
• Demonstrated aptitude of cold-calling skills at customer offices and jobsites required
• Clear career progression with no more than 2 companies in the last 5 years
• Ability to thrive both independently and in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to develop engaged customer relationships and effectively implement strategic concepts
• Excellent time and territory management skills
• Must be persuasive, sales driven, customer focused, and a team player
• Must be able to build prospects and business relationships
• Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite and smartphones
• Must maintain a professional business appearance in accordance with HNA dress policy at all times
• Career advancement may require domestic and/or global mobility
• Vehicle/ Driver’s License Requirements:
• Company vehicle provided for carrying tools/fasteners for product demonstration purposes • A valid G license with clean driving abstract: Maximum of 4 demerit points for the previous 3 years, no major violations in the last 12 months and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3 year period.
• Account Manager has responsibility for prudent care and protection of company assets
• Must be able to travel to the U.S. for training, within 1 month of hire date.
Who should apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability