What's the role?
With several years of experience as well as first experience in leading teams, the keywords "challenge and encourage" are integrated in your daily leadership routine and your strength lies in working with people - through your empathy you win and convince others and enjoy developing a team to the next level.
You will start as Senior Project Manager (m/f/d) of an international embedded SW team within the Power Tool Drives division. In cooperation with cross-departmental representatives, you will define and roll-out strategic projects to bring the embedded SW development, testing and QA activities to the next level. You will ensure high quality and result-oriented software delivery throughout the entire product life cycle of several power tools, strongly contributing to the business success.
Depending on the demonstrated leadership skills and the acquired expertise, you will be fast-tracked to the next career step as Group Manager/Team Leader (m/f/d), taking over disciplinary and people management responsibility as well.
Who is Hilti?
We develop, manufacture and sell cutting-edge products, technology, software and services for the global construction industry. Hilti stands for innovation, quality and direct customer relationships.
From the pre-development of our own motors, electronics and firmware, to series-maturity - our intelligent mechatronic systems come from our own research and development laboratories.
With 30,000 employees in more than 120 countries, we're a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow in your career.
What does the role involve?
As a Senior Project Manager (m/f/d) you are responsible for strategic projects regarding embedded SW development, testing and QA. You lead an interdisciplinary team and ensure high-quality, efficient, and competitive software development in accordance with Hilti's strategy, Business Unit needs and roadmaps. Leveraging your expertise, you act as an innovation driver and, in addition to technology projects, you also implement your own ideas for future-oriented, differentiating features in our products. The embedded SW products developed within your team are integrated in dozens of Hilti’s flagship Power Tools, strongly contributing to our global business.
You motivate your team members with your own enthusiasm, delegating tasks and actively contributing to the achievement of common goals. You coordinate both internal and external resources. Regarding external resources, you strengthen the collaboration with outsourcing partners, including their selection process. The role involves close collaboration among different engineering functions, Business Units, and other stakeholders.
In everything you do, you always keep the Hilti values in mind: integrity, courage, teamwork, and commitment.
We will foster your career at Hilti in a fast-paced, state-of-the-art working environment through intensive coaching from your personal mentor. From the very beginning you will be optimally prepared for an international management position.
We attach great importance to professional development: around 80% of management positions are filled with internal candidates.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we´ll support you in shaping your individual career path.
In addition, we offer you innovative and personalized Benefits, such as
- Flat hierarchies
- Internal mentoring program
- In-house fitness area with training courses
- Flexible working arrangements
- DB JobTicket
- Company pension scheme (employer-financed)
- Subsidy for childcare
- Support in relocating and finding a flat
- Tax advice
Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment are essential for Hilti – both today and tomorrow. We are proud to say that we not only talk about our values, but also live them every day.
What you need is:
- Completed university degree (Master) in engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, mechatronics or related fields. MBA degree is an advantage
- At least 10 years of professional experience, ideally in the area of electronic drives
- First international leadership experience
- Technical experience in embedded software, software architecture, operating systems for embedded computing, as well as agile development processes
- Knowledge of electric motor and battery applications is an advantage
- Outsourcing experience, especially with development partners in Eastern Europe and/or Asia, is an advantage
- Experience in supporting and promoting change management
- Strong analytical, problem solving, presentation and stakeholder management skills
- Structured organizational management and talent for multi-tasking
- Hands-on and proactive mindset
- Experience in people development, coaching the team members and defining their personal development plans
- Proven ability to deliver projects on schedule, on time and on budget. Furthermore, ability to prioritize inquiries and business requirements, develop clear milestones and release plans
- Excellent knowledge of English, German is an advantage
Why should you apply?
We look forward to your thirst for knowledge and your courage to tackle new challenges. You are passionate about people development and technology advancement, want to grow and at the same time have a positive influence on building a sustainable future. You enjoy supporting and developing your team members as well as working in an exciting and future-oriented growth area with challenging tasks and interesting development opportunities.
Take up the next challenge and start your career with HILTI! We are always looking for employees for a long-term cooperation.
During your job interview you will spend some time with us and get to know our company. Thus you will get a feeling for the job and our corporate culture.
Hilti stands for equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving applications from severely disabled persons and similarly disabled persons.
Contact: Hilti Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH I Miriam Fries I Human Resources
Should you encounter technical problems during your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .