What's the role?
With your passion for electric drives you will be responsible for developing high-quality embedded software applications for electronics drive of power tools (corded & cordless) and batteries. You will also integrate existing software features for power tools and connectivity modules into development projects. With your profound knowledge of embedded systems and software engineering, you will collaborate closely with interdisciplinary development teams and develop differentiating solutions. You will take overall responsibility of software development, deliver cost effective solutions on time, and drive the projects forward. By developing high-quality software applications/modules, you will also ensure reusability of the software modules in multiple series development projects.
Possibility to work less than 40 hrs./week.
Who is Hilti?
We develop, manufacture and sell cutting-edge products, technology, software and services for the global construction industry. Hilti stands for innovation, quality and direct customer relationships.
From the pre-development of our own motors, electronics and firmware, to series-maturity - our intelligent mechatronic systems come from our own research and development laboratories.
With 31,000 employees in more than 120 countries, we're a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow in your career.
What does the role involve?
You are responsible for the design and development of embedded software applications for electronic drives power tools. You will also integrate existing software functions and modules into development projects. With your in-depth knowledge of embedded software and software engineering, you will work closely with interdisciplinary development teams and develop differentiating solutions using agile software practices (Scrum & TDD, Continuous Integration and Delivery).
You understand the needs of stakeholders and translate these into SW requirements and specifications. In various projects you implement and integrate reusable software features and applications in C/C++.
You will take overall responsibility for software development, deliver solutions on time and drive projects forward. By developing high-quality software applications and modules, you will also ensure the reusability of the software modules in several series development projects.
Your tasks will give you the opportunity to show and develop your skills. After a few years, there will be a variety of opportunities for further development.
If you are passionate about software engineering and wants to grow while creating positive impact on building a sustainable future, you want to apply for this job
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we´ll support you in shaping your individual career path.
In addition, we offer you innovative and personalized Benefits, such as
- In-house fitness area with training courses
- Language courses
- Flexible working arrangements
- Subsidy for monthly and annual public transport subscriptions
- Company pension scheme (employer-financed)
- Subsidy for childcare
- Support in relocating and finding a flat
- Tax advice
Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment are essential for Hilti – both today and tomorrow. We are proud to say that we not only talk about our values, but also live them every day.
What you need is:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science, Electronics, Mechatronics, or relevant engineering disciplines
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in developing embedded applications and systems
- Good knowledge of microcontrollers with proficiency in C/C++ programming languages
- Basic knowledge of motor control and/or battery management algorithms is an advantage
- Good knowledge of scripting languages e.g. Python is an advantage
- Good knowledge in software testing (HIL/SIL)
- Experience state-of-the art software development engineering practices (Agile, DevOps, CI/CD)
- Knowledge of project management and presentation methods
- Very good technical knowledge and excellent problem-solving ability
- Flexible, self-organised, proactive team player
- Good communication skills with English
Why should you apply?
If you are passionate about software engineering and wants to grow while creating positive impact on building a sustainable future, you want to apply for this job.
Take up the next challenge and start your career with HILTI! We are always looking for employees for a long-term cooperation.
During your job interview you will spend some time with us and get to know our company. Thus you will get a feeling for the job and our corporate culture.
Hilti stands for equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving applications from severely disabled persons and similarly disabled persons.
Contact: Hilti Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH I Miriam Fries I Human Resources
Should you encounter technical problems during your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .