What's the role?
Candidate can live anywhere in eastern, south-eastern states. Remote with project-based travel.
The industry focus for this position will be Energy & Industrial projects/companies.
Responsible for maximizing the specification and sales of designed engineered solutions and calculation services through identification of target applications, creation of designed solutions, provision of bid packages to all bidding contractors, convincing of winning bidder to use and purchase our solution and ensuring full delivery of the products and services agreed to on the purchase order. Develops and executes a unique bid strategy for each target project, with the goal to sell the relevant bid package to the responsible contractor. Position is primarily focused on delivering modular solutions and services to our top customers and projects centric to our installation systems product line.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
- Regularly scans project databases and makes assessment of most attractive projects to target, based on multiple criteria including, but not limited to, key applications, and assessment of the competitive market situation, the key contractors in the bid process, and their capabilities. Prioritizes target projects through managed, constantly evolving project funnel.
- Specifies creation of engineered solutions for overhead grid, raised floor, pipe/cable tray supports, seismic bracing solutions, and Energy & Industry stands
- Provides practical check on engineered solution as it relates to project environment and application as well as market competitiveness. Applies technical expertise to designs as needed.
- Support the delivery of engineering designs for our BIM services. Attend project coordination meetings and support BIM PM with client technical questions.
- Builds relationships with bidding contractors by creating, submitting, and participating actively in, bid packages during pre‐design and design phases. Represents Hilti at pre‐bid meetings and promotes Hilti as engineered solution provider.
- Sells low bidder (winner) on engineered solution’s value add, overcomes objections, closes, and supports with submittal for inclusion in project design. Cross sells other related Hilti products
- Coaches Account Managers (AM’s) in coverage area to improve competence of key project types, applications, and products (Install, Anchor, DX) and their ability to answer basic technical questions
- Works directly with PMO to collect proper information and relay questions and change requests between PMO and customer. Supports the interface with 3rd party engineering and design partner. Will generate complete Marketing Support Services (MSS) request and participate in project meetings to monitor progress and timeline of project delivery
- Tracks and investigates successes/failures and regularly provides ROI assessment and product management feedback
- Leverage Technical Back‐Office, Hilti Field Engineer, Regional Manager, and Account Manager as needed throughout the process
- Responsible to oversee and review Bill of Materials (BOM), as well as final order fulfillment
- Provide competent recommendations to engineers, architects, and other designers on specific applications using sound engineering judgment; educate specifier on technical advantages of Hilti solutions not covered by test data and provide field training needed during installation
- Provide professional educational seminars and presentations for Architecture/Engineering firms to inform them of Hilti products, their performance characteristics, applications, and product limitations
- Utilizing Hilti technology resources to maintain accurate records of contacts and specifications
- Create and coordinate jobsite management within CRM system utilizing SFDC; includes creation of specific jobsites, applications, and active participation in the monthly sales management meetings (with RM); coordinate with salesforce to ensure that key opportunities are capitalized on
- Additional duties as assigned
80% of management roles are filled with internal candidates, so there’s real potential to progress beyond where you start.
What do we offer?
From the moment you join us, you know you’re part of something bigger. That feeling of belonging is with you, no matter where you are.
What you need is:
- B.S. in Civil/ Structural Engineering or 5+ years Hilti experience designing installation systems in the United States or Canada required
- Professional engineering license (civil or structural) and familiarity with US and/or Canadian steel design or equivalent preferred
- Proven success with selling value added and/or engineered solutions to contractors/end users
- Familiarity with project plans, specifications and commercial terms
- Good communication and project management skills
Why should you apply?
Here you can leverage your personal strengths and realize your full potential.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.