What's the role?
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Embedded Software Developer (m/f/d) to drive, own and do the design and development of the most significant breakthroughs in our industry to strengthen our leading position.
Who is Hilti?
We develop, manufacture and sell cutting-edge products, technology, software and services for the global construction industry. Hilti stands for innovation, quality and direct customer relationships.
From the pre-development of our own motors, electronics and firmware, to series-maturity - our intelligent mechatronic systems come from our own research and development laboratories.
With 32,00 people in more than 120 countries, we're a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow in your career.
What does the role involve?
As a Senior Embedded Software Developer in the pre-series and series development of electric drives, you will take over responsibility for developing and designing the motor control SW library that is used in all Hilti power tools. This includes the creation of motor control firmware, deploying it on embedded platforms, verifying the design on a dynamometer and power tool. You will be responsible to develop standards for our architecture, development, and testing.
By following state-of-the-art DevOps practices such as developing on head, CI/CD, automated SIL/HIL testing in an agile working environment, you ensure the quality of deliveries and their compliance to internal standards.
With your in-depth knowledge of motor control and embedded software engineering, you will specify, architect, design, prototype, and verify advanced motor control algorithms while working in interdisciplinary development teams to develop differentiating solutions.
You will take overall responsibility for the library and represent the motor control software with your technical leadership in cross-functional or cross-departmental teams and coach the team's developers.
As an innovation driver in our team and you will implement your own ideas for future-oriented differentiation features in Hilti products and foster university collaboration by supervising student employees during internships and theses.
You’ll work with some of the industry’s most trusted and innovative engineering products.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we´ll support you in shaping your individual career path.
In addition, we offer you innovative and personalized Benefits, such as
- Company pension (employer-financed)
- (Corporate) health management
- Flexible working arrangements and teleworking
- Individual career and development opportunities
- Employee share in company success
- Support in relocating and finding a flat
- Tax advice
What you need is:
- Completed studies (Diploma, Master’s degree, PhD) in electrical engineering and/or information technology with focus on embedded software, motor control and power electronics
- Sound knowledge with embedded microcontrollers or digital signal processors and the associated development tools
- Ability to deliver high-quality embedded C/C++ code for embedded microcontrollers
- Good knowledge of control engineering
- Experience with real-time simulation, model-based design, hardware-in-loop, and code generation using Simulink
- Experience in motor control for brushless drives (vector (field-oriented) control, block (six-step) commutation, sensorless position and speed observers)
- Experience in state-of-the art software development engineering practices (DevOps, CI/CD, Agile)
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a solid analytical and practical (hands-on) approach
- Very good communication skills with English, German is optional
Why should you apply?
You want to create disruptive modern technologies and solutions for our electric powertrains? Our Motor & Drive Control Team is responsible for giving life to the motors, and electronics that power solutions that change our users’ lives. We are pushing the limits in firmware engineering, embedded systems, motor control and motor design. You are up for a global career in an international company and want to continuously develop yourself? Then you should accept the challenge and become a member of our Motor & Drive Control team.
During your job interview you will spend some time with us and get to know our company. Thus you will get a feeling for the job and our corporate culture.
Hilti stands for equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving applications from severely disabled persons and similarly disabled persons.
Contact: Hilti Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH I Miriam Fries I Human Resources
Should you encounter technical problems during your application, please contact email@example.com.