What's the Role?
We are looking for an experienced Lead, IOS Developer to drive the design and development of Mobile Apps, ensuring a performant experience for our customers. The role involves working as part of an Agile development team and collaborating strongly with other competent teams from various locations.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 55 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Hilti`s BU Tool Services (BU TS) Software Development team is focused on customer-facing software solutions which help digitalize construction processes. The Software Development unit spans across 4 locations – Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Pune (India), Schaan (Liechtenstein), & Kaufering (Germany). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together.
What does the role involve?
As Lead Developer, you will be the subject matter expert in IOS Mobile development and your role will require you to:
a) Lead product feature development end-to-end to help shape the future of Hilti’s mobile offerings
b) Builds out features & functionality and adjust approach as level of precision for each project dictates
c) Present solutions to both technical leadership and other software engineering teams
d) Lead code review and enforce coding standards
e) Mentor developers in their day-to-day tasks and build their professional development
Working together as a team, you will ensure the delivery of sustainable solutions that support the organization’s long-term goals while delivery maximum incremental short-term gains.
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative and more productive team.
What do we offer?
Show us what you're made of, and we'll offer you opportunities to move around the business - to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It's a great way to find the right match for your ambition and achieve the exciting career you're after.
We have a very thorough people review process; unlike any we know of in other businesses. We can pair talents with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new places. It is how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we also offer you a wide range of benefits.
What you need is
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong knowledge in XCode and/or Swift (including different versions) and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Apple UI design principles, interface guidelines, design patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”.
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Familiarity with integration of IoT solution (e.g., Bluetooth or NFC technology) into iOS platforms
- Experience in one other complimenting technology stack e.g., Android, Backend, Web UI or Test Automation frameworks.
- Good proficiency in the English language and openness to travel internationally.
- Comfortable working with agile / collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, GitLab)
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world. Ability to embrace and learn new technologies.
Why should you apply?
We are searching for passionate individuals to join our global team in our Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) office. Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team of IT experts and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using latest technologies.
Hilti is market leader in the construction tool industry – by developing potential new User Interfaces you will have the opportunity to push the whole industry to a new level. You will have the freedom to act in the responsible area with career prospects in a dynamic environment, excellent opportunities to develop yourself to higher levels and wider range of knowledge.
We have an excellent mix of people, challenging, and developing you every single day. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background is. You know what is important when shipping products to customers and have been through the process from start to finish. You enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues, and teams on tough problems and are highly effective.
Interested for the role?
Click through the 'Apply Now' button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a couple of short questions–the whole process should take around 90 seconds. If we like what we see, you'll be invited to a telephone interview.
If we don't have a suitable role for you at the moment, we will keep you in our talent pool for the future so your recruitment process might take a bit longer but we'll be sure to stay in touch.
Looking forward to hearing from you!