What's the role?
1. Take charge of purchasing activities in new product development, localization, and resourcing projects related to respective material groups including (but not limited to)
• tendering of new business, applying advanced purchasing methods (e.g., reverse auctions);
• proper planning of all purchasing related activities;
• monitoring of all changes with potential cost impact and keeping cost below previously agreed cost targets;
• ensuring good collaboration between suppliers and Hilti functions;
• securing enough production capacity at suppliers;
2. Develop the relevant material group strategies in alignment with the Strategic Supply Manager or Team Lead;
3. Develop and maintain relationships to suppliers, organize regular management reviews with suppliers, oversee and drive for continuous improvement of supplier KPIs;
4. Conduct supply market research activities for respective material groups and identify relevant suppliers and support to qualify new suppliers in line with needs identified in material group strategy;
5. Consistently improve material cost productivity by regularly negotiating prices with suppliers and driving additional savings initiatives;
6. Secure continuous supply by identifying and implementing preventive measures and addressing supply issues when they arise;
7. Ensure proper business interruption risk mitigation across respective portfolio, Code of Conduct compliance, and contract coverage with suppliers according to our established standards.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
The purpose of the role is to implement procurement strategies and execute tactical procurement projects from analytics to tendering, (project related) frame contract negotiation and implementation on limited geographical scope and/or spend volume. Manages supplier performance.
Scope: Works on defined procurement projects, typically under the direction of a more experienced Procurement Manager or with support from Team Leader; typically responsible for annual spend of less than 2m CHF; up to 3 years of experience in projects or procurement-related area.
1. According to 86% of our employees, their team leader is flexible and responsive to personal needs when they arise.
2. Our success is team success. That's why we give each of our employees a share in the company's success in the form of an annual payout.
3. According to 80% of our employees, you find a working environment at Hilti where individual differences are valued.'ll
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
What you need is:
1. Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or similar
2. 3-7 years of strategic purchasing experience or in a related field in an international – ideally in an industrial – environment. Motor and motor components supply experience preferred
3. Proficient use of English and Mandarin in business contexts
4. Advanced communication and negotiation skills
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team.
We look forward to receiving your application, interested applicants please submit your CV by clicking the "Apply Now" button.