What's the role?
This position is accountable for providing engineering support and technical marketing services to the Fastening and Protection Product Business Units (BUs), Sales Market Organizations (MOs), key field personnel, and to Hilti customers including engineers and architects in support of BU Installation product line. This includes training of field technical personnel and Technical Support Engineers, obtaining and maintaining product approvals, support of all engineering level requests, and responsibility for the accuracy of all technical portions of company product literature and technical manuals in both printed and electronic formats.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
- Provide direct engineering support for Fastening and Protection Product BUs including BU Installation product lines or related modular support systems
- Provide engineering support to the Sales MOs and Hilti customers by utilizing a thorough knowledge of the products, of basic engineering principles, and of construction techniques
- Provide input for the creation of technical literature and software for market communication
- Prepare and facilitate engineering training programs including related engineering concepts to Field Engineers and Technical Support Engineers as well as to other Hilti technical personnel
- Develop and coordinate technical and engineering information and literature for publication by collaborating with the Fastening and Protection Product BU's and by monitoring the needs of Hilti customers
- Responsible for obtaining new and maintaining existing product approvals from national and regional building code organizations as determined by the Fastening and Protection Product Business Units and the Sales MOs
- Investigate new applications for BU Installation products lines as determined by the Sales MOs and the BU's by gathering application information and initiating test plans as required
- Assist in developing and coordinating internal and external product testing requirements in accordance with industry standards and codes
- Monitor product complaints and assist with Western Hemisphere Quality in product deficiencies as required
- Review test reports for compliance with standards, criteria, and approval requirements
- Continually monitor all operations within the scope of responsibility to ensure compliance with the Hilti Quality System and related procedures while striving for achievement of departmental and HWH goals and objectives
- Additional duties as assigned
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative and more productive team.
What do we offer?
- Company-paid benefits are effective on your first day of employment
- Hybrid work environment for independent focus and team collaboration
- Education and professional certifications assistance
- Recognition: online, points-based recognition platform that helps team members recognize and reward one another
- Holidays, vacation, personal days, health and wellness days, and community service days to provide balance in your life
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Civil or Structural Engineering
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in engineering or related technical field, or a Masters or PhD in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer or achievable within one (1) year
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- PC skills using Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel
- Must be willing to travel (10% to 15%)
Why should you apply?
Let’s face it, we know there are lots of other companies out there. We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. This role gives you the opportunity to help shape our future anchor offerings and make a real impact from day one.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.