What's the role?
What an exciting time at Hilti! We have experienced growth and success, introduction of awesome innovation and the recognition of being number 8 in the World’ Best Employer™ by Great Place to Work®. To support this dynamic growth, we are currently looking for our next generation of Account Managers.
The Hilti Account Manager role is highly consultative, proactive and opportunity focused. For us, it’s not about coverage with as many customers as possible, it’s about having meaningful interactions with customers to support their productivity and effectiveness using Hilti’s high-level products, solutions and innovation. The Account Manager role is highly collaborative, you will work closely with teammates and other departments to ensure an optimum level of customer experience with a strategic customer development approach.
This role covers the territory of South London and the surrounding areas.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers. Hilti is very proud to be ranked as the UK's 12th best large organisation to work for in the Great Place to Work survey.
What does the role involve?
As an Account Manager, no two days are the same. You’ll spend most of your time visiting our customers, wherever they’re busy working, to find out how we can help them and demonstrating our Hilti solutions. You will find yourself in different contexts: construction sites, company offices, production plants & much more.
At your customers site, you will not only demonstrate some of the most innovative products in the industry, but also market state-of-the-art software solutions such as ON!Track as well as all our services that are part of the Hilti portfolio. You are responsible for the operational and strategic management of your sales area. You plan and organize your day-to-day work independently; therefore you need to be comfortable with building relationships remotely and motivating yourself.
The role is all about nurturing and fostering relationships, developing contacts on site with customers and helping them find the most innovative and cost-efficient solutions for their needs. You’ll be part of a supportive, field-based regional team who are only a phone call away.
We don’t expect you to be a construction or account management expert. For us, it’s about the right person; the right person is passionate, curious, dedicated and a team player – our training will cover the rest!
We regularly win Great Place to Work awards globally and are very proud to have been placed on the Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list in the UK by our employees for the past 10 years.
What do we offer?
At Hilti, it’s all about teamwork. We have an award-winning culture that is highly diverse and inclusive. We love to celebrate success and as part of the Hilti family you will be proud to work for an industry leading innovator. We promote over 80% of roles internally at Hilti, and as you grow you will be given opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets.
Your new role will be rewarding and challenging, and you will be given the support of your leader, your peers and Hilti to ensure you succeed. Within your first 3 months you will have 4 weeks (non-consecutive) training from our state-of-the-art hub in Manchester. This will include training on the Hilti approach, process and product training. The training doesn’t stop there! We have huge amounts of training available to continually grow and develop.
Some of our core benefits include:
- 6% employer pension contributions
- Private Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
- Company vehicle and fuel card for sales roles
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays) plus the ability to purchase 5 days more annually
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Hilti Benefits Box, a reward platform offering a cycle to work scheme and shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Different ways to work flexibly, including working from home and compressed hours
- Employee resource groups focused on gender, mental health, race, disability, LGBTQ+ and sustainability topics
- Trips to locations such as Milan, New York and global HQ for high performers across all teams
What you need is:
- Customer-facing/sales experience , gained in any industry;
- Curiosity - listening to hear with customers to provide aligned solutions;
- Drive - a motivated approach to achieving success & overcoming challenges;
- Resilience and adaptability - you are comfortable to walk onto construction sites, roll your sleeves up & meet all levels of customer from managing director to site operator;
- Collaborative approach - you work great as part of a team to uncover creative solutions;
- More curiosity - you love to learn, develop and grow;
- Ambition - whether that’s to excel in your current role or develop into bigger responsibilities;
- Values - our corporate culture is our greatest asset - you stand for the values of courage, team spirit, commitment and integrity;
- A full, clean, manual UK driving license.
Who should apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Please DO NOT apply for multiple roles - the team will assign you where your skills are the best fit.
Click through the 'Apply Now' button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a couple of short questions – the whole process should take around 90 seconds.
If you meet the requirements of the role you'll be invited to complete a fun online assessment and a short pre-recorded video interview - please look out for this in your junk mail as it can end up there!
If you need any support with your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you're in the formal process, there are three stages – a first interview with a Regional Manager, a day-in-the-life 'field ride' to give you a real feel for the job and a final interview with a Sales Director. We'll also pay your expenses if you have to travel to meet us.
If we don't have a suitable role for you at the moment, we will keep you in our talent pool for the future so your recruitment process might take a bit longer but we'll be sure to stay in touch.
Hilti is where your best belongs. We are an equal opportunity employer and value the contributions of all our team members regardless of sex, gender identity/expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or family status.