What's the role?
The Hilti Store Representative is responsible for managing and operating a Hilti Store while maximizing walk-in sales and smaller field accounts while simultaneously providing a high level of customer service (95% order fill rates). All activities are performed with the ultimate objective of providing Total Customer Satisfaction and driving the Hilti Brand.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
93% of our people say they’re proud to work for Hilti, thanks to the quality of our products and the way we look after our people
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive base salary, we offer a robust benefits package including a generous paid time off policy that includes vacation, personal days, health & wellness, and 2 days per year to give back in your local community, paid family leave, educational reimbursement and student loan assistance, RRSP matching, medical/dental/vision coverage, and a variety of other benefits to fit the needs of our employees.
We will give you the tools you need to succeed through hands-on integration training and will support your continued professional development through ongoing training and mentoring, targeted leadership programs, and opportunities for international assignments in any of the 120+ countries in which we operate.
What you need is:
• High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
• Ability to lead change and adapt to a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to gather and analyze appropriate information to develop and implement effective strategies
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to grow a loyal customer base in a retail setting while strengthening the company’s position and market share
• Ability to analyze information to help identify targeted customers and create business plans to identify customers’ potential where gaps exist in current purchasing habits
• Ability to properly care for and maintain company assets (e.g. company product)
• Ability to effectively demonstrate the proper use of Hilti products to customers
• Ability to work with all departments to be a successful Hilti Store Representative (materials management, logistics, credit, marketing, technical services, and customer service)
• Understanding of MS Office to manage, analyze, and develop business plans to effectively grow sales
• Understanding of the process for getting things done in a matrix organization
• Basic understanding of sales through multiple channels
• Basic understanding of consultative selling techniques
• Mechanical aptitude preferred
• Some experience with reading and understanding construction documents preferred
• Must be able to travel to the US for training, within 1 month of hire date
Who should apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background