What's the role?
As a Field / Sales Engineer, you will be working across the Dublin region, providing technical input and advice to our customers.
You'll be working closely with our sales team to maximise sales opportunities and win key applications with customers in this area.
This role is very much on the relationship building with technical orientated personas on our Focus Customer platform. Finding the intersection between the customer needs and the Hilti offering and maximize our Value Proposition. Strategic thinking, Soft Skills, Customer Care and Technical Competence being the enablers.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
In the role of Field / Sales Engineer you will provide engineering support and coverage to both consulting engineers and focused customers, to secure specifications and provide a valuable engineering service. No two days will be the same - you'll could be working on-site one day and then working with the office technical team the next.
You will also provide technical assistance and training to the company’s personnel and customers, to ensure the delivery of a high-quality engineering service at all times. You'll need top plan and prioritise your day to ensure optimum use of time and cost, so good organisational skills will be needed. Accurate and daily use of our CRM system.
Other duties include:
- Building relations with the main decision makers of the engineering departments
- Deliver Webinars, Seminars, Hands on Sessions with those main decision makers and their teams on our products, applications and scope of works.
- Promote our Hilti channels and Services.
- Bringing "HILTI Innovations on Hardware, Software, Design Methods, Approvals, and Services) to those main decision makers.
- Make sure that the Technical Support provided by Hilti Engineering Competence Center (Technical Back-Office) is a quality and timely one
- Make sure these Focus Customers (consultants and contractors) are specifying Hilti Products by default.
- Understand how these Focus Accounts work and their strategic needs.
- Promote Hilti Design Software selling and Hilti Software usage
- Promote and Sell overall Engineering Services
- Supporting Account Managers in technical opportunities identified on the Job site.
93% of our people say they’re proud to work for Hilti, thanks to the quality of our products and the way we look after our people.
What do we offer?
At Hilti, it’s all about teamwork. We have an award-winning culture that is highly diverse and inclusive. We love to celebrate success and as part of the Hilti family you will be proud to work for an industry leading innovator. We promote over 80% of roles internally at Hilti, and as you grow you will be given opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets.
We really value our people and we've worked hard to develop a competitive reward package that reflects this. Some of the benefits we offer include :
*Genuine career advancement (more than 80% of all leadership roles are filled internally)
*Competitive salary and above-average performance bonus
- A fully maintained company vehicle, with fuel card and toll pass
- 25 days holidays (not including bank holidays)
- A scheme to purchase 10 extra days of leave each year
- Competitive remuneration with huge bonus potential
- Health insurance, pension
- Giving back! With 2 paid volunteering days each year
- Loan tools, discounts
What you need is:
- Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of the construction industry, and the design and construction process
- Previous experience in an engineering role (on-site/design office)
- Strong ability to network and develop business relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work effectively as part of a team.
- Full, clean manual driving license
Click through the 'Apply Now' button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a couple of short questions – the whole process should take around 90 seconds. If we like what we see, you'll be invited to complete a short video or telephone interview.
Once you're in the formal process you’ll interview with a Regional Engineering Manager and have a day-in-the-life 'field ride' to give you a real appreciation of the day-to-day job.
Who should apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.