What's the role?
This role is responsible for market development and influence, including coordination and implementation of local market strategies specific to Hilti's firestop product portfolio. The Fire Protection Specialist role is crucial for increasing sales and market penetration.
The Fire Protection Specialist is responsible for development of field personnel within the assigned region in relation to building technical and functional competencies in firestop products and services. This position provides technical support and drives the sales of specified products to sales force and customers (buying and non-buying).
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
- Focus on business development of Hilti's Firestop product line in a defined geographic area among current and prospective customers
- Provide technical support to Hilti's sales force and customers consistent with market strategy
- Offer professional educational seminars, presentations, and testing details
- Inform customers about Hilti products including their performance characteristics, applications, and product limitations
- Contribute to the growth of Hilti by providing competent advice and recommendations to building contractors and owners, architects and engineers, building and fire officials, and Hilti sales personnel on specific applications, using sound technical judgment
- Identify, develop, and manage the Hilti Accredited Firestop Specialty Contractor (HAFSC) Program; this includes full implementation of the HAFSC strategy
- Support and influence sales in other specified products including DX, anchors, and installation; seek out these opportunities and pass the required information on to the appropriate team member (Field Engineer, Account Manager, etc.)
- Gather, analyze, and report on market information regarding trends, competitive strategies/actions, innovations, and other business conditions, which have the potential to impact Hilti in the Firestop marketplace
- Identify and implement account acquisition strategies for key competitively owned accounts
- Additional duties as assigned
Hilti has been ranked in the Top 10 among the 'World’s Best Workplaces' in 2022, coming in at #8!
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive base salary and uncapped bonus potential, we offer a robust benefits package including a generous paid time off policy that includes vacation, personal days, health & wellness, and 2 days per year to give back in your local community, paid family leave, educational reimbursement and student loan assistance, 401(k) matching, medical/dental/vision coverage, and a variety of other benefits to fit the needs of our employees.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in Professional Sales, Business, Marketing, Construction Technology, or Engineering
- Knowledge of construction methods and practices preferred
- 2 years minimum experience in construction product sales, fire protection, or related technical field
Why should you apply?
We will give you the tools you need to succeed through hands-on integration training and will support your continued professional development through ongoing training and mentoring, targeted leadership programs, and opportunities for international assignments in any of the 120+ countries in which we operate.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.