What's the role?
£34,000 OTE (£27,000 base plus £7,000 bonus @target - uncapped)
This role also comes with a Hilti branded van, mobile phone and tablet. Full, valid manual driving license is required.
We are looking for our next team member to join us as a Sales Account Manager covering Durham/Middlesbrough/Teesside.
Are you a passionate sales person, with a strong drive to outperform?
Are you looking to take your career to the next level, with an award winning employer?
As an Account Manager, you will have the opportunity to work on some large and prestigious construction projects, whilst at the same time receiving world-class training and development to help you drive your career forward.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers. Hilti is very proud to be ranked as the UK's 12th best large organisation to work for in the Great Place to Work survey.
What does the role involve?
As an Account Manager, no two days are the same, but you’ll spend most of your time visiting our customers, wherever they’re busy working, to find out how we can help them and demonstrating Hilti solutions.
Far from traditional cold calling, it’s about nurturing and fostering relationships, developing contacts on site with warm customers and helping them find the most innovative and cost-efficient solutions for their needs.
You'll need to be happy to get your hands dirty but also be able to adapt your approach to the customer in front of you – it could be a senior management team one day and a sole trader the next and you could find yourself on construction sites or in offices and warehouses. This means rolling up your sleeves to demonstrate some of the most pioneering products in the industry, along with all the services and after-care that come with the Hilti name.
You’ll be part of a supportive, field-based regional team who are only a phone call away, but you’ll be working by yourself on the whole, so you need to be comfortable with building relationships remotely and motivating yourself. We’ll teach you everything you need to know about our products, the IT systems you’ll use on the job and advanced sales skills – you just need to be motivated to learn.
We welcomed 1000 additional team members last year and have more than 30,000 employees worldwide.
What do we offer?
We really value our people and we've worked hard to develop a reward package that reflects this. Some of our benefits include:
- Genuine career advancement (more than 80% of all leadership roles are filled internally)
- 6% employer pension contributions
- Private Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
- Company vehicle and fuel card for sales roles
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays) plus the ability to purchase 5 days more annually
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Hilti Benefits Box, a reward platform offering a cycle to work scheme and shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Employee resource groups focused on gender, mental health, race, disability, LGBTQ+ and sustainability topics
- Trips to locations such as Milan, New York and global HQ for high performers across all teams
What you need is:
- Customer-facing/sales experience gained in any industry
- Mature, assertive attitude and committed to your career development with good communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate that you're a flexible team player with a hunger to learn
- Resilience and adaptability to environments such construction sites and also residential site developments
- Experience of Salesforce is desirable but not essential
- A full, clean, manual driving license
Who should apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Please DO NOT apply for multiple roles - the team will assign you where your skills are the best fit.
Click through the 'Apply Now' button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a couple of short questions – the whole process should take around 90 seconds.
If you meet the requirements of the role you'll be invited to complete a fun online assessment and a short pre-recorded video interview - please look out for this in your junk mail as it can end up there!
If you need any support with your application please contact email@example.com.
Once you're in the formal process, there are three stages – a first interview with a Regional Manager, a day-in-the-life 'field ride' to give you a real feel for the job and a final interview with a Sales Director. We'll also pay your expenses if you have to travel to meet us.
If we don't have a suitable role for you at the moment, we will keep you in our talent pool for the future so your recruitment process might take a bit longer but we'll be sure to stay in touch.
Hilti is where your best belongs. We are an equal opportunity employer and value the contributions of all our team members regardless of sex, gender identity/expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or family status.