What's the role?
*Territory covers Washington D.C., Maryland, Northern Virginia*
*Candidate can live in Virginia, Maryland, D.C.*
This position provides technical support and drives the sales of specified products to salesforce and customers (buying and non-buying) consistent with Hilti’s strategy. This position educates design communities concerning the proper use and advantages of Hilti fire and protection products. This position capitalizes on Hilti competencies to secure commitments for specification or approval of Hilti Products while adding value by assisting the design community and influencers in solving design problems using Hilti Products. This position protects the company from liability exposure through the use of sound engineering judgment. Provides leadership and coaching to new and less experienced team members.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
- Provide technical support as requested. This may include the following:
- Face to face, telephone, and electronic communication with territory salesperson, strategic business personnel, sales managers, contractors, designers, specifiers, or officials of codes and approvals
- Competent written communication with customers (buying and non-buying); such communication must be technically accurate, minimize Hilti’s exposure, and demonstrate common sense problem-solving capabilities
- Visit job sites and company offices with or without salespeople or strategic business personnel to assess application problems, opportunities, and provide technical education and solutions
- Investigate product failures in the field and provide product management feedback on local issues as needed
- Investigate business opportunities in the field by participating in Customer Surveys as needed for product and market development
- Participate in local sales strategy development and at sales management review and improve sessions
- Obtain specifications and approvals for use of Hilti products, concentrating on high potential designers, specifiers, and owner groups:
- Provide professional educational seminars and presentations for A/E firms to inform them of Hilti products, their performance characteristics, applications, and product limitations
- Provide competent recommendations to engineers, architects, and other designers on specific applications using sound engineering judgment; educate specifier on technical advantages of Hilti solutions not covered by test data
- Provide field testing to determine appropriate capabilities in situations not covered by test data
- Review project specifications or calculations for engineers and architects; provide feedback to designers regarding the accuracy, suitability, and code compliance
- Utilizing software provided by Hilti, maintain accurate records of contacts and specifications; coordinate with salesforce to ensure that key opportunities are capitalized on
- Create and coordinate job site management within CRM system utilizing Hi Site; includes the creation of specific job sites, applications, and active participation in the monthly sales management meetings (with RM)
- Communicate application specifications with the design community to sales team utilizing CRM system, assigning tasks and action items to applicable AMs for conversion of specification to sale
- Maintain and update regional fact-based and contacts of designers, influencers, and code officials
- Work with local/regional code and approval agencies to obtain necessary approvals:
- Understand construction methods and local building codes, as they relate to Hilti products
- Provide input on technical approvals and reports related to Hilti’s products
- Active in local organizations of the design and construction community, i.e. CSI, ASCE, Structural Engineer’s Association
80% of management roles are filled with internal candidates, so there’s real potential to progress beyond where you start.
What do we offer?
From the moment you join us, you know you’re part of something bigger. That feeling of belonging is with you, no matter where you are.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering required; Master’s degree (technical or business) preferred
- Knowledge of construction methods and practices preferred
- 2 years minimum experience in engineering/construction role preferred
- 2 years sales experience preferred
Why should you apply?
Here you can leverage your personal strengths and realize your full potential.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.