What's the role?
Position provides, transportation, inventory control, people supervision, work load planning, proficiency and usage of Hilti system applications, and the oversee fabrication of capital projects. The position includes interfacing with project business project managers, master scheduler, fulfillment managers, business units, and other areas at corporate headquarters. Assists in the managing & training of ESC staff to achieve company goals in service and pre-fabrication.
Who is Hilti?
What does the role involve?
- Execute all floor shop management tasks – Workload balancing, performance, and Best Practice
- Process management
- Run daily floor operations and direct ESC team members to ensure execution of the defined
- Engineering Service Center (ESC) targets.
- Run & supervise all daily business elements in the absence of ESC management.
- Assist the ESC Manager in operational aspects including but not limited to:
- Efficient and accurate receiving.
- Customer service.
- Opening procedures and tasks.
- Closing reports & procedures including securing and closing the facility at end of day.
- Mitigating inventory loss, damage and accuracy problems.
- Maximizing labor hours while developing a strong working knowledge of all ESC equipment and the safe use of such equipment.
- Assist ESC management in performing operational functions within the planned annual operations budget.
- Assist in maintaining receiving schedule time lines and accuracy of receipts
- Interface with other departments of the organization to resolve issues, pursue opportunities and facilitate high levels of customer service and ESC efficiency.
- Place orders from described vendors & execute expense reports following company guidelines.
- Process Returned Materials within established guidelines.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of Lean initiatives such as 5S, Kanban, & Kaizen events.
- Follow the process for Continuous Inventory management.
- Operate laser cutting Tubelaser 3000
- Assist in debugging operating or programming problems with high laser cut quality parts. Work and be familiar with measuring tools (Calipers, tape measures, protractors, etc)
- Assist in CNC’s areas operational activities and special projects to ensure quality and meet timetables.
- Assist and lead in implementing Lean best practices and establish a Lean environment
- Maintain CNC Machine, area and other tools in good condition by performing 5s and TPM activities on a regular basis.
- One of the main trainers for new team members in all areas of the business.
- Special Projects and other duties as assigned.
Our logistics operation is special because we own our whole supply chain, something that’s almost unique for a company of our size.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
What you need is:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree or Bachelors Preferred
- Basic understanding of warehouse management systems, SAP preferred
- Functional Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- 2 years’ experience in a warehouse environment
- Strong math skills
- High mechanical aptitude required
- Ability to read and interpret technical work instructions and drawings
- 3-5 years CNC experience preferred
Adverse Working Conditions:
- Erratic temperature control (hot in summer, cold in winter)
- Workshop environment is subject to hear, cold, noise, dust and other particles
- Operation of large equipment and machinery (i.e. production machines and forklifts)
- Must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Proper labeling and handling of hazardous materials per Hilti and OSHA policy
- Must wear steel toe boots, safety glasses, safety vest, and other safety equipment as required when working in the warehouse and/or operating machinery
- Regular heavy lifting of 50 + lbs.
- Occasional heavy lifting up to 75 lbs. required
- Warehouse material handling equipment and truck loading / unloading
- Must be able to tolerate a variable climate, prolonged standing, repetitive bending and reaching
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.