What's the role?
The Junior Developer is a pivotal role in Hilti’s Global Application Software Unit. The Junior Developer will be part of our Software team and will be responsible for implementing backlog tasks, architectural designs and solutions, and executing on development tasks. Further, the Junior Developer drives and validates use of patterns and practices defined by the broader technical organization, as well as adopts the established DevOps framework.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
- Operate effectively in a large / complex, global / multi-cultural software development organization under agile Scrum framework
- Actively participate in product feature and design discussions
- Implement architectural strategies for building loosely coupled, modular systems which leverage Cloud computing to achieve economies of scale
- Work with infrastructure and development teams to achieve highly available and scalable solutions using container-based orchestration platforms
- Additional duties, as assigned
2021 - Top 100 Best Companies to Work For as published by Fortune magazine
What do we offer?
- Company-paid benefits are effective on your first day of employment
- Hybrid work environment for independent focus and team collaboration
- Education and professional certifications assistance
- Recognition: online, points-based recognition platform that helps team members recognize and reward one another
- Holidays, vacation, personal days, health and wellness days, and community service days to provide balance in your life
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum two (2) years experience designing and developing enterprise-scale applications and services
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; quick learner with a strong work ethic; self-motivated, team player
- Experience working in an Agile environment (SCRUM, XP, etc)
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages, including C#, .NET
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience building web applications (Angular preferred)
- Experience using Git for version control
- Familiarity with unit testing
Why should you apply?
Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter your background.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.