What's the role?
The Public Relations Manager is responsible for the strategy, development and execution of a public relations plan based on product and trade priorities, utilizing multiple forms of media communications and events to create awareness and influence in the market, through relevant trade media publications, bloggers and online influencers.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
- Develop Public Relations strategy and execute external trade media and influencer communications strategy in accordance with local and global initiatives
- Establish and foster relationships with trade media, bloggers, online influencers, etc.
- Lead the C‐suite communications and coordination for press conferences and interviews.
- Respond to all media inquiries and conduct proactive media outreach through tool tests, product competitions, feature articles, etc.
- Steer Trade Media and Influencer Advertising strategy and support print and digital advertising buying in collaboration with Sr Manager of Marcom and Director.
- Manage tool / product loan and review program with trade media and influencers.
- Responsible for the strategic direction and execution of both in‐person or virtual trade media events and press conferences.
- Manage budgets related to trade media events, tool demos and media sponsorship opportunities. ~ $500,000 annually
- Partner with internal stakeholders (product/trade teams) to develop press releases and media kits for new products, services and software
- Prepare briefings/talking points for executive management team related to key trade media events and strategic product announcements
- Secure strategic media and speaking opportunities for Hilti and subject matter experts to increase brand awareness and positioning within the market
- Monitor Hilti and competitive media results and communicate key PR success to the organization
- Conduct internal media trainings as needed to prepare team members for participation in press related activities (press conferences, interviews, etc.)
Being at Hilti means joining a community of 30,000 people, 127 different nationalities working together across 120 countries.
What do we offer?
You’ll be given everything you need to excel in your role. You’ll receive a generous compensation package for the work that you do with the possibility to earn bonus for going above and beyond. You’ll get great benefits including Medical and Dental insurance, generous Paid Time Off (including 2 days to go and give back to your local community however you want) educational reimbursement, health and wellness days – the list goes on.
We also offer many opportunities to develop your career in various departments of interest (which we think is a pretty unique perk) alongside the possibility to work internationally in any of the 120+ countries we operate within if you decide that’s the path you’d want to take.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree, required; focus in public relations, marketing, communications, or related field
- Minimum five (5) years’ professional experience in PR, Communications, or Marketing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, required.
- Must be able to work directly with executive level management
- Proven ability to develop effective, result‐focused marketing communications, required
- Ability to develop and manage project budgets, timelines and communication plans
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage relationships with trade media, bloggers, and influencers
- Excellent grammar, oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, quality and proofreading, required
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), required
- Experience with PR management software (Cision or similar), preferred
- Event planning experience, preferred
- Ability to work in a fast‐paced multi‐project environment while maintaining attention to detail and deliver under pressure
Why should you apply?
Let’s face it, we know there are lots of other companies out there. We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. This role gives you the opportunity to help shape our future anchor offerings and make a real impact from day one.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.