What's the role?
What an exciting time at Hilti Ireland! We have experienced exponential growth and success in 2021, celebrating over 26 promotions, the introduction of awesome innovation and the recognition of being number 11 in the World’ Best Employer™ by Great Place to Work®. To support this dynamic growth, we are currently looking for a Key Account Manager in Cork, to join our dynamic, busy and supportive team.
The Hilti KAM (Key Account Manager) role is highly consultative, proactive and opportunity focused. This dynamic and exciting role will see you strategically support, grow, and develop Hilti’s largest accounts within the Mechanical and Electrical trade in Cork. As a KAM you will anticipate your customers’ needs through holding meaningful interactions, identifying their core challenges, whilst supporting their productivity and effectiveness with Hilti’s high-level products, solutions, and innovation. The KAM role is highly collaborative, you will work closely with teammates and other departments to ensure an optimum level of customer experience with a strategic customer development approach.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
- Coordinate the account activity of the defined customers with other account managers to ensure Head Office agreements are delivered at site level using the Salesforce system.
- Developing existing as well as establishing high level contacts.
- Providing efficient solutions and technical support on building sites backed by our innovative range of products and services.
- Understand, and be highly competent to deliver trade specific value proposition.
- Promotion and demonstration of Hilti products and solutions using a fully equipped, branded vehicle.
- Coordinate specific project activity of the defined customers with other account managers.
93% of our people say they’re proud to work for Hilti, thanks to the quality of our products and the way we look after our people
What do we offer?
At Hilti, it’s all about teamwork. We have an award-winning culture that is highly diverse and inclusive. We love to celebrate success and as part of the Hilti family you will be proud to work for an industry leading innovator. We promote over 80% of roles internally at Hilti, and as you grow you will be given opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets.
Your new role will be rewarding and challenging, and you will be given the support of your leader, your peers and Hilti to ensure you succeed. Within your first 3 months you will have 4 weeks (non-consecutive) training from our state-of-the-art hub in Manchester. This will include training on the Hilti approach, process and product training. The training doesn’t stop there! We have huge amounts of training available to continually grow and develop (including modules created in partnership with Ivy League Universities).
You will also enjoy:
→ A fully maintained vehicle, with fuel card and toll pass
→ 25 days holidays (not including bank holidays), a scheme to purchase 10 additional days
→ Competitive remuneration with huge bonus potential
→ Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Pension
→ Extensive access to career development and progression, in Ireland and overseas
→ Giving back! With 2 paid volunteering days each year
→ Loan tools for those passion projects and product discounts
What you need is:
- Reliable and successful selling experience (achieving targets) with strong emphasis on end user/commercial sales.
- Have the track record / ability to build and execute a clear account development plan; detailing how we match Hilti’s added value product, service & software offering to multiple key stakeholders in complex accounts.
- Practically minded with a technical/mechanical aptitude and willing and able to learn and apply new product or technical knowledge.
- Strong communication, presentation, negotiation and relationship building skills across all levels and functions both internally and externally.
- Full working rights in Ireland and a manual driver’s license (EU/UK)
Who should apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
At Hilti 80% of our management positions are filled with internal candidates. It’s testament to how much we value, develop and look after our people. If you would like to join the team at Hilti please apply today.