What's the Role?
In the role of Data Engineer, you will be part of the Enterprise Data Lake Team developing, deploying and maintaining big data platforms to support advanced analytics and business intelligence needs of Hilti business and function worldwide. This role will require you to work closely with key stakeholders from the business and cross IT team to integrate and transform required data into the Data Lake Platform.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 55 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
In your role as Data Engineer, you will interact directly with various stakeholders (business users, data scientists, analytics teams) to understand their data demand and in turn, design and develop scalable ETL packages from the business source systems, including development of ETL routines, to bring these data into the enterprise data platforms.
The role will require you to:
- be responsible to create databases optimized for performance, implementing schema changes and maintaining data architecture standards across the centrally provision business databases.
- be responsible to perform thorough testing and validation in order to support the accuracy of data transformations.
- lead innovation through exploration, benchmarking, making recommendations and implementing big data technologies.
- as a senior team member, you will also be coaching junior members of the team.
Working together as a team, you will ensure the delivery of sustainable solutions that support the organization’s long-term goals while delivery maximum incremental short-term gains.
The Global IM team is embarking on an exciting journey to transform the reporting landscape of the organization, moving from hindsight reporting to analytics, insights and foresight that will enable employees at all levels to make the best decision to drive business outcome. In the Enterprise Data Lake portfolio, we have implemented both Azure Managed Instance and AWS S3 technologies to drive our big data agenda and support Hilti’s digital marketing and sales ambition.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
What you need is
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Science & Technology or equivalent; a Master’s Degree is an advantage for this position.
- At least 6 years of working experience in AWS and/or Azure data analytic platform with proven track records in delivering complex solutions.
- Strong analytical skills, showing fluency in tools such as Microsoft SQL and MySQL, and strong Python, PowerShell programming skills.
- Ability to design, build, and maintain business’s ETL pipelines and data warehouse. Expertise in data modelling and query performance tuning on SQL server, MySQL, Redshift or other similar platforms
- Experience with SAP and/or Salesforce data integration, and data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI is highly desirable
- Result-driven, innovative problem solver, self-motivated and proactive, highly organized, ability to handle multiple tasks meeting aggressive timelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and can engage with stakeholders from different disciplines in all levels of the organization.
- A strong team player; able to work with a team that have members from various background.
- Experience working in a virtual team is highly desirable.
Why should you apply?
Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team of IT experts and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using latest technologies. You will have the freedom to act in the responsible area with career prospects in a dynamic environment, excellent opportunities to develop yourself to higher levels and wider range of knowledge. Our team in Kuala Lumpur is a recognized and respected competence center that is covering all relevant areas of IT. Furthermore, 80% of our top positions are filled internally. We have a clearly defined career development track for every individual employee and an excellent team whom are duly rewarded by performance.
Interested for the role?
Click through the 'Apply Now' button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a couple of short questions – the whole process should take around 90 seconds. If we like what we see, you'll be invited to a telephone interview.
If we don't have a suitable role for you at the moment, we will keep you in our talent pool for the future so your recruitment process might take a bit longer but we'll be sure to stay in touch.
Looking forward to hearing from you!