What's the role?
We are looking for someone who has strong passion about and truly believes in sustainability in all its aspects, to lead our regional Sustainability journey focusing on our key areas of impact: environmental, society and our People.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
As Regional Sustainability Manager you are responsible for defining the strategy of the region following the global guidelines and to define sustainability KPIs, goals, and roadmap for the region, and to ensure consequent implementation.
This role acts as the link between the region and the corporate sustainability team and supports experience exchange within and beyond the global sustainability manager community.
- Set sustainability targets and roadmap for region to meet corporate sustainability goals across environment, people and society. Align and commit with GMs and senior management.
- Ensure consequent implementation of the sustainability roadmap by leading and/or supporting cross functional projects and initiatives
- Coordinate and engage the regional sustainability team members and support the content owners in implementing their projects successfully.
- Support regional data collection and analysis to track and manage sustainability progress.
- Work with counterparts in the region to define local sustainability setup and goals, support implementation.
- Represent the region in the corporate sustainability team to ensure alignment on global and regional direction.
- Ensure effective internal and external communication, work to engage all team members with global and regional sustainability strategy.
- Work with product management team and regional marketing team to build customer-facing story for Hilti’s strategy on sustainability topics
- Support our top costumers in collaborating on sustainability where possible.
At Hilti, you’ll enjoy all the perks of being part of a big company, but with the autonomy of running a small business.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start.
In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting career opportunities.
What you need is:
- Proven track record of managing complex projects, preferably experience in change management
- Strong capability to connect the dots
- Proven record of leading cross-functional projects
- Proven track of learning agility
- Experience in people management in direct lines and/or in matrix organization
- Understand and experience local rules /regulations to find solutions for the implementation of global strategy on regional level
- Capability to interact with multiple stakeholders on global and regional level
- University degree
- Mandatory fluent in Italian and English
- Experience in construction industry is an advantage
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people.
Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability.