What's the role?
The role of Field Engineer provides technical support and drives the sales of specified products to salesforce and customers (buying and non-buying) consistent with Hilti’s strategy. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, educating the design communities concerning proper use and advantages of Hilti fastening and protection products while capitalizing on Hilti competencies to secure commitments for specification or approval of Hilti Products. This position protects company from liability exposure through use of sound engineering judgment while providing leadership and coaching to new and less experienced team members.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
The purpose of the role is to provide technical advice and educate assigned customers on Hilti’s products, software, and services. The role involves providing technical advice to architects and engineers in order to secure specifications early in the design process. The job holder is responsible for key project specification of Hilti products, software and services, supporting the sales team in their efforts to sell a variety of Hilti solutions.
Scope: Anchor job - field-based engineer with specifier territory.
We have more than 200,000 interactions with our customers every day. It’s how we get to know their businesses, understand their needs and develop the precise products and services that will help them.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, where you are part of a creative and diverse team. We give you many opportunities to develop yourself and we will support you in shaping your individual career path. Join our positive team spirit!
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural or Civil Engineering required; Master’s degree (technical or business) preferred
- Knowledge of construction methods and practices preferred
Work is performed in jobsite conditions, which may include working at high elevations.
Adverse Working Conditions
Job requires walking on construction sites and uneven surfaces, as well as climbing scaffolding, ladders, and stairs during all seasons of the year
Depending on geography employees may be exposed to adverse heat or cold
Construction jobsites may also expose specialists to excessively loud noises; ear protection is strongly encouraged and may be required on some jobsites
Safety Equipment Required:
Hardhat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, steel toe boots, and long pants required for working jobsites; must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti, Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (COHSR), and General Contractors
Must be able to walk on construction projects, climb scaffolding, and lift and carry up to 65 pounds of Hilti product
Why should you apply?
Provide technical support as requested. This may include the following:
- Face to face, telephone, and electronic communication with territory salesperson, strategic business personnel, sales managers, contractors, designers, specifiers, or officials of codes and approvals
- Competent written communication with customers (buying and non-buying); such communication must be technically accurate, minimize Hilti’s exposure, and demonstrate common sense problem solving capabilities
- Visit jobsites and company offices with or without salespeople or strategic business personnel to assess application problems, opportunities, and provide technical education and solutions
- Investigate product failures in the field and provide product management feedback on local issues as needed
- Investigate business opportunities in the field by participating in Customer Surveys as needed for product and market development
- Participate in local sales strategy development and at sales management review and improve sessions
- Provide professional educational seminars and presentations for A/E firms to inform them of Hilti products, their performance characteristics, applications, and product limitations
- Provide competent recommendations to engineers, architects, and other designers on specific applications using sound engineering judgment; educate specifier on technical advantages of Hilti solutions not covered by test data
- Provide field testing to determine appropriate capabilities in situations not covered by test data
- designers regarding accuracy, suitability, and code compliance
- Utilizing software provided by Hilti, maintain accurate records of contacts and specifications; coordinate with salesforce to ensure that key opportunities are capitalized on
- Create and coordinate jobsite management within CRM system utilizing Hi Site; includes creation of specific jobsites, applications, and active participation in the monthly sales management meetings (with RM)
- Communicate application specifications with design community to sales team utilizing CRM system, assigning tasks and action items to applicable AMs for conversion of specification to sale
- Maintain and update regional fact-base and contacts of designers, influencers, and code officials
- Understand construction methods and local building codes, as they relate to Hilti products
- Provide input on technical approvals and reports related to Hilti’s products
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.