What's the Role?
QA automation engineers design automated tests to validate applications by creating scripts that run testing functions automatically.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. Hilti is a multicultural workplace with 55 different nationalities committed to global teamwork.
Global IT within Hilti is a truly global team with main hubs in Buchs (Switzerland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Plano/Tulsa (USA). All locations have highly competent teams who work very closely together. Hilti`s Global IT team is known for their focus on sustainable value creation by translating latest IT innovations into value creating solutions & services.
What does the role involve?
- Planning, ideation, design, creation and execution of functional & non-functional tests
- Scale and perform automation of tests
- Management and analysis of test data
- Reporting of test results, defects and linked risks
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative and more productive team.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
We have a very thorough people review process, unlike any we know of in any other business. We can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit, further our teams personally and professionally, get the best value for each employee and increase the job satisfaction. Additionally, we offer you a wide range of benefits.
What you need is
- Min. 3 years’ experience in software testing (incl. test automation and respective tools) within a team following agile methodologies such as SCRUM or SAFe
- Experience in mobile automation in Appium & Cucumber framework
- Will be needed to automate and test for both iOS & Android platforms
- Quality mindset paired with critical thinking and attention to detail
- Excellent test ideation and design capabilities
- Proven track record in the development of automated test suites (preferable Java) for a distributed and/or multi-tiered application architecture
- Good knowledge of Atlassian toolchain (eg. JIRA, Confluence, Zephyr)
- Solid understanding of databases (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB) and CI/CD tools such as Gitlab
Good written and spoken English
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world
- Ability to embrace and learn new technologies
Why should you apply?
We are searching for passionate individuals to join our global team in our Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) office. Become a valuable member of our highly professional and international team of IT experts and meet the challenges of a global multinational company using latest technologies.
Hilti is market leader in the construction tool industry – by developing potential new User Interfaces you will have the opportunity to push the whole industry to a new level. You will have the freedom to act in the responsible area with career prospects in a dynamic environment, excellent opportunities to develop yourself to higher levels and wider range of knowledge.
We have an excellent mix of people, challenging, and developing you every single day. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background is. You know what is important when shipping products to customers and have been through the process from start to finish. You enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues, and teams on tough problems and are highly effective.