What's the role?
We are looking for a passionate Sustainability Manager to join our high performing team. In this role you will be responsible for leading the corporate and customer-oriented sustainability initiatives for Hilti Great Britain with the strategic goal to become our customers’ best partner for sustainability.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers. Hilti is very proud to be ranked as the UK's 12th best large organisation to work for in the Great Place to Work survey.
What does the role involve?
- Implementing the global and regional strategy, while ensuring the initiatives and goals are linked to the goals and requirements of the British market
- Developing a go-to market approach for our sales teams by working closely with our marketing teams
- Acting as the internal topic expert and in external dialogue on various platforms and directly with customers
- Market-monitoring on research and legislation, as well as market development and customers’ requirements
- Working closely with the brand and communication team to ensure effective internal and external communication to engage all stakeholders in the implementation of our local sustainability strategy
- Collaborating with the other functions such as Logistics, After Market Services, Procurement- and internal Sustainability roles/functions to further develop how we improve our processes and operational excellence
- Be a strong voice within the regional and global sustainability community and exchange best practices
Once again Hilti has been awarded as a Great Place to Work®. We are proud to rank 12th in Best Large Workplaces in the UK!
What do we offer?
We really value our people and we've worked hard to develop a reward package that reflects this. Some of our benefits include:
- Genuine career advancement (more than 80% of all leadership roles are filled internally)
- 6% employer pension contributions
- Private Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
- Company vehicle and fuel card for sales roles
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays) plus the ability to purchase 5 days more annually
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Hilti Benefits Box, a reward platform offering a cycle to work scheme and shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Different ways to work flexibly, including working from home and compressed hours
- Employee resource groups focused on gender, mental health, race, disability, LGBTQ+ and sustainability topics
- Trips to locations such as Milan, New York and global HQ for high performers across all teams
What you need is:
- Degree in business, marketing, environmental science, environmental engineering, or other engineering related field required
- Knowledge of sustainability within the construction industry; current and future regulations, whole building life-cycle assessment, ratings systems, and green building certifications
- Proven ability to develop, align and implement strategies and initiatives within a complex organization set up
- Track record of bringing and developing customized solutions for/together with customers
- An established network of key decision makers and people responsible for sustainability in the construction industry in Great Britain is a strong plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence across all levels and functions (from account manager to leadership team)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong command of the English language, both written and spoken
Who should apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Click through the 'Apply Now' button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a couple of short questions – the whole process should take around 90 seconds.
If you need any support with your application please contact email@example.com .
If we don't have a suitable role for you at the moment, we will keep you in our talent pool for the future so your recruitment process might take a bit longer but we'll be sure to stay in touch.
Hilti is where your best belongs. We are an equal opportunity employer and value the contributions of all our team members regardless of sex, gender identity/expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or family status.