What's the role
We’re looking for the next generation of high-performing, multi-lingual, post-graduate talents to take our company forward. Hilti Outperformer is a global management development program like no other, with real responsibility from day one.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 32,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
-12 months as an account manager or field engineer in Sweden.
-3 months on an operational project at the national headquarters in Malmö. It could be logistics, HR, finance, marketing or engineering.
-6 months on a strategic project at regional headquarters in Manchester, GB.
-3 months on an international project outside the region. If you’ve come from a mature market, you’ll work in an emerging market, and vice versa.
We want your thirst to learn, courage to challenge and desire to improve things, including yourself.
What do we offer?
Show us what you can do and, in return, we promise you the experience of a lifetime, the opportunity to work internationally, and a fast-track career in global senior management with an unlimited contract. We offer a genuine career advancement, more than 80 % of all leadership roles are filled internally. You’ll also take part in some fascinating courses and events:
- Leadership development program – a comprehensive learning journey with IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland, with a qualification from IMD.
- Business management training – individual training at Hilti. A focus on behavioral profiles, personal strengths, leadership styles and communication skills.
- Global summit – 4-5 days at our global headquarters in Liechtenstein. A look at the way global business units function, plus soft skills like situational leadership and international teamwork.
- Social project – 7-8 days ‘building a better future’. A hands-on and hugely impactful community project, like our recent house building for displaced refugees in Bosnia.
What you need is:
- You’ve recently graduated, or you’re preparing to graduate in 2024, with a Master’s degree or PhD. Your degree is likely to be in business management, finance or engineering, but we’ll consider subjects like economics, politics or international studies if you can prove you have a mind for our business.
- You’ve spent at least three months, in a professional environment, like an internship, apprenticeship or work experience, or have just started your career and want an opportunity where you can perform well and progress.
- You’re multilingual – at least fluent in English and Swedish – and you’ve gained international experience during your work or studies abroad.
- You’re curious and committed, a flexible team player with good communication and social skills. You’re a global thinker, interested in general management topics, keen for intercultural experiences and opportunities working abroad.
Click through the ‘Apply Now’ button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a few short questions – the whole process should take around 90 seconds. If we like what we see, you’ll be invited to complete a short video interview.
Who should apply?
With the Hilti Outperformer program, you will have an accelerated career towards a commercial leadership role. We have an excellent mix of people and success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Once you’re in the formal process – you will be asked to complete a number of short online assessments and then a telephone interview with our Regional Talent Manager. From there you will attend a first interview with a member of the Swedish leadership team, a day-in-the-life virtual ‘field ride’ to give you a real feel for the job and finally the assessment centre (7th and 8th November). We’ll also pay your expenses if you have to travel to meet us.
If you need any support with your application please contact SETeamRecruitment@hilti.com
Application deadline: Friday 13th October, 2023
Interviews: August/September/October 2023
Assessment Centre to take place in Manchester: 7th and 8th November 2023
Tempted to apply or find out more? Go to careers.hilti.com/outperformer-commercial