What's the Role?
Are you a recent (or almost) graduate? Do you want to work abroad and become part of management? Hilti Outperformer is a global management development program like no other, with real responsibility from day one.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Hilti Outperformer is a two-year program, where you’ll quickly be involved in a range of international projects, with lots of exposure to senior management. It’s fast paced and challenging, but we’ll closely coach and mentor you. The program is split into four main stages of work:
- 12 months as an account manager or field engineer in Estonia
- 3 months on an operational project at national headquarters. It could be logistics, HR, finance, marketing or engineering.
- 6 months on a strategic project at regional headquarters (Prague)
- 3 months on an international project outside the region. If you’ve come from a mature market, you’ll work in an emerging market, and vice versa.
Hilti has ranked 8th on the world’s best workplace list for 2022! We are extremely proud of this global recognition and see this as a testament to our employees across the world who make Hilti a truly great place to work
What do we offer?
Show us what you can do and, in return, we promise you the experience of a lifetime, the opportunity to work internationally, and a fast-track career in global senior management with an unlimited contract. We offer a genuine career advancement, more than 80 % of all leadership roles are filled internally. You’ll also take part in some fascinating courses and events:
- Leadership development program – a comprehensive learning journey with IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland, with a qualification from IMD.
- Business management training – individual training at Hilti. A focus on behavioral profiles, personal strengths, leadership styles and communication skills.
- Global summit – 4-5 days at our global headquarters in Liechtenstein. A look at the way global business units function, plus soft skills like situational leadership and international teamwork.
- Social project – 7-8 days ‘building a better future’. A hands-on and hugely impactful community project, like our recent house building for displaced refugees in Bosnia
Salary 2500 - 3100 EUR gross, quarter bonuses, 3 level benefit package.
What you need is:
- You’ve recently graduated, or you’re preparing to graduate in 2023, with a Master’s degree or PhD. Your degree is likely to be in business management or engineering, but we’ll consider subjects like economics, politics or international studies if you can prove you have a mind for our business.
- You’ve spent at least three months in a professional environment, like an internship, apprenticeship or work experience
- You’re multilingual – fluent in Estonian and in English – and you’ve gained international experience during your work or studies abroad.
- You’re mature and assertive, curious and committed. You’re a flexible team player with good communication and social skills. You’re a global thinker, keen for intercultural experiences and opportunities working abroad.
Why should you apply?
With the Hilti Outperformer program, you will have an accelerated career towards a commercial leadership role. We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s not a problem. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background is.
As part of your interview process, you’ll have the chance to talk to different people within Hilti. Once you have passed the interviews, we’ll pay for your travel to the Assessment Center in April.