What's the role
We’re looking for the next generation of high-performing, multi-lingual, post-graduate talents to take our company forward. Hilti Outperformer is a global management development program like no other, with real responsibility from day one.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Hilti Outperformer is a two-year program, where you’ll quickly be involved in a range of international projects, with lots of exposure to senior management. It’s fast paced and challenging, but we’ll closely coach and mentor you. The program is split into four main stages of work:
-12 months as an account manager or field engineer in Sweden.
-3 months on an operational project at the national headquarters in Malmö. It could be logistics, HR, finance, marketing or engineering.
-6 months on a strategic project at regional headquarters in Manchester, GB.
-3 months on an international project outside the region. If you’ve come from a mature market, you’ll work in an emerging market, and vice versa.
We want your thirst to learn, courage to challenge and desire to improve things, including yourself
We regularly win Great Place to Work awards globally. Hilti Sweden is proud to be ranked #1 in Great Place to Work – 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 & 2020.
What do we offer?
Show us what you can do and, in return, we promise you the experience of a lifetime, the opportunity to work internationally, and a fast-track career in global senior management with an unlimited contract. We offer a genuine career advancement, more than 80 % of all leadership roles are filled internally. You’ll also take part in some fascinating courses and events:
- Leadership development program – a comprehensive learning journey with IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland, with a qualification from IMD.
- Business management training – individual training at Hilti. A focus on behavioral profiles, personal strengths, leadership styles and communication skills.
- Global summit – 4-5 days at our global headquarters in Liechtenstein. A look at the way global business units function, plus soft skills like situational leadership and international teamwork.
- Social project – 7-8 days ‘building a better future’. A hands-on and hugely impactful community project, like our recent house building for displaced refugees in Bosnia.
What you need is:
- You’ve recently graduated, or you’re preparing to graduate in 2023, with a Master’s degree or PhD. Your degree is likely to be in business management, finance or engineering, but we’ll consider subjects like economics, politics or international studies if you can prove you have a mind for our business.
- You’ve spent at least three months, in a professional environment, like an internship, apprenticeship or work experience, or have just started your career and want an opportunity where you can perform well and progress.
- You’re multilingual – at least fluent in English and Swedish – and you’ve gained international experience during your work or studies abroad.
- You’re curious and committed, a flexible team player with good communication and social skills. You’re a global thinker, interested in general management topics, keen for intercultural experiences and opportunities working abroad.
Who should apply?
With the Hilti Outperformer program, you will have an accelerated career towards a commercial leadership role. We have an excellent mix of people and success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Once you’re in the formal process – you will be asked to complete a number of short online assessments and then a telephone interview with our Regional Talent Manager. From there you will attend a first interview with a member of the Swedish leadership team, a day-in-the-life virtual ‘field ride’ to give you a real feel for the job and finally the assessment centre (8 february). We’ll also pay your expenses if you have to travel to meet us.
If you need any support with your application please contact SETeamRecruitment@hilti.com
Application deadline: 23/12-2022. We will continuously review incoming applications.
Assessment Centre in Manchester: 14 March
Tempted to apply or find out more? Go to careers.hilti.com/outperformer-commercial