What's the role?
We’re looking for the next generation of high-performing, multi-lingual, post-graduate talents to take our company forward. Hilti Outperformer is a global management development program like no other, with real responsibility from day one.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Hilti Outperformer is a global management development program like no other. Over a two-year period we’ll prepare you for a global leadership career by putting you at the center of our customer-focused business model. It’s fast paced and challenging, but we’ll coach and mentor you while broadening you experience through a range of international tasks and an impactful social project. The program is split into four main stages of work:
- 12 month s as an account manager in the country where you apply. You’ll get hands-on experience and a deep insight into the core of our business – our customers, products, services and software.
- 3 months on an operational project in national headquarters. You’ll work as part of a project team in a non-sales role. It could be logistics, HR, finance, marketing or engineering.
- 6 months on a strategic project in regional headquarters. Again, it might be logistics, HR, finance, marketing or engineering, but at a strategic level.
- 3 months on strategic project outside the region. This will give you an international perspective, with its different working cultures and market challenges. If you’ve come from a mature market, you’ll work in an emerging market, and vice versa.
Our global trainees have a lot of fun. Whether it’s building houses on our social project or skiing at weekends, they form a deep bond, like a big international family.
What do we offer?
Show us what you can do and, in return, we promise you the experience of a lifetime, the opportunity to work internationally, and a fast-track career in global senior management with an unlimited contract. You’ll also take part in some fascinating courses and events:
- Leadership development program – a comprehensive learning journey with IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland, with a qualification from IMD.
- Business management trainin g – individual training at Hilti. A focus on behavioral profiles, personal strengths, leadership styles and communication skills.
- Global summit – 4-5 days
at our global headquarters in Liechtenstein. A look at the way global business units function, plus soft skills like situational leadership and international teamwork.
- Social project – 7-8 days ‘building a better future’. A hands-on and hugely impactful community project, like our recent house building for displaced refugees in Bosnia.
What you need is:
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You hold a master’s degree (economics, business administration, international management, engineering or finance)
- You are a multilingual talent, fluent in English, in Italian and at least one other language.
- You have gained international experience through your work or studies and have spent between 2 months and 2 years in a professional environment
- You enjoy learning and are mature, assertive, curious and dedicated
- You are flexible team player, with good communication and social skills, and you can inspire others.
- You are internationally mobile. A global thinker who is keen for diverse cultural experiences and the opportunity to work abroad
Why should you apply?
Ours is a high-performing culture for very driven people. If you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s not a problem. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background is.
As part of your interview process, we’ll take you on a virtual ‘field ride’ to give you a feel for our business and the caliber of our people.