What's the role?
The role of Business Developer is responsible for developing sales, driving specifications, and developing long term relationships with local and international assigned key accounts and projects.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Responsible for managing and developing a small group of customers within utilities, power generating companies, and/or oil and gas operators
• Develop account and key project penetration strategies and action plans by analyzing and prioritizing opportunities, determining the required resources, and understanding the decision-making and internal influencing dynamics
• Manage and engage Hilti resources relevant to accounts across all sales divisions
• Secure specifications for targeted projects and implement standards
• Negotiate, coordinate, and consistently implement frame and pricing agreements with the goal of increasing share of wallet and improving overall account profitability
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive database of key contacts utilizing SAP and influence relevant account managers to do the same
• Utilize SAP Mobile, CRM/CPM, and call reports to plan and manage activities relevant to customer development and internal communication with involved Hilti resources
• Develop a high level of industry and application expertise that benefits targeted customers, their projects, and their stakeholders
• Develop influential and sustainable business relationships with decision-makers and influencers
• Articulate the Hilti value proposition and differentiation to influence decision makers and secure business
• Manage all aspects of targeted projects to ensure success and repeat business
• Other duties as assigned
93% of our people say they’re proud to work for Hilti, thanks to the quality of our products and the way we look after our people.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role and one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own book of business while being part of a friendly team.
We’ll give you lots of responsibility, including your own portfolio of customers and these might be trades experts, project managers, or company leaders. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Day to day you’ll report to your Regional Manager, who will also be there to help you manage your career.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering or related field required
• MBA or Master's degree preferred
• Minimum of three (3) years calling on large Engineering firms, utilities, or oil/gas operators required
• Minimum of three (3) years in a technical sales role preferred
• Professional Engineer Designation or EIT and Project Management Professional credential preferred
• Experience in Energy or Civil industry
• Experience in dealing with large EPC’s, utilities, or oil/gas operators
• Proven success with selling value added and/or engineered solutions to contractors/end users
• Familiarity with project plans, specifications, bidding processes, and commercial terms
• Proven contract negotiation skills and excellent communication skills
Vehicle/ Driver’s License Requirements:
• A valid G license with clean driving abstract: Maximum of 4 demerit points for the previous 3 years, no major violations in the last 12 months and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3 year period.
Who should apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Combination of home office, meetings, driving company vehicle to make sales calls at customer offices, and making jobsite visits will be required. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Up to 50% travel required
Adverse Working Conditions:
• Job requires walking on construction sites and uneven surfaces, as well as climbing scaffolding, ladders, and stairs during all seasons of the year
• Depending on geography employees may be exposed to adverse heat or cold
• Construction jobsites may also expose employees to excessively loud noises; ear protection is strongly encouraged and may be required on some jobsites
Safety Equipment Required:
• Hardhat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, steel toe boots, and long pants required for working jobsites; must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti, Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (COHSR), and General Contractors
• Must be able to walk on construction projects, climb scaffolding, and lift and carry up to 65 pounds of Hilti product