What's the role?
The Hazmat/Dangerous Goods Compliance Transportation Specialist is responsible for ensuring overall compliance within Hilti North America (HNA) distribution network to D.O.T. and Transport Canada regulatory requirements. This role is responsible to manage reporting, training, audit and advisory support for the movement of HAZMAT/DG goods; including IT systems updates and overall organizational communications.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate compliance audits and training, optimizing resources and cost to meet compliance requirements
- Provide solutions to shipping locations, purchasing, inventory, marketing, field sales, and vendor regarding delivery optimization
- Review existing processes and provides support for implementation plans to affect ongoing productivity improvements
- Provide on-going transparency and visibility to carrier performance, cost, and market conditions
- Manage carrier and supplier relationships and compliance for optimum performance and value
- Define, develop, and lead innovations in balancing cost and service to ensure long term sustainable profitability
- Partner with Warehouse Management and the Re-supply centers to identify the need for training and support
- Partner with forwarder, customs, and distribution to resolve issues tied to compliance and support activities
- Integrate communications between Distribution, Carriers, Vendors, and Procurement to meet compliance expectations
- Collaborate with process experts and logistics analysts to develop, test, and implement new transport management procedures while working to reduce resources expended to distribute product
- Discover root causes and identify solutions
- Gain proficiency in customs clearance, 3PL and freight forwarder processes and regulations to influence overall system compliance and performance
- Additional duties, as assigned
Hilti has been ranked in the Top 10 among the 'World’s Best Workplaces' in 2022, coming in at #8!
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role and one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own book of business while being part of a friendly team.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, required
- Minimum three (3) years’ work experience in a supply chain functional area with a working knowledge of DOT/Transport Canada Hazmat/DG regulations
- Working knowledge of SAP and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Familiarity with SAP data warehouse (BI)
- Ability to build key business relationships
- Demonstrated aptitude for understanding service capabilities of various transportation modes with knowledge of transportation terms and concepts
- Strong customer service orientation with effective communication skills (oral, written, and presentation)
- High level of planning, organizing, and problem-solving skill with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines, and make decisions autonomously
- Potential, mobility, and desire for career development and additional responsibility
- Developing level of functional expertise through understanding of the business
Why should you apply?
Throughout your career, you’ll own your own development and find the right way to grow and leverage your strengths.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.