What's the role?
The Human Resources Partner advises line management to provide general human resources related consultation, support, service, and guidance to Hilti employee and management groups. Key areas of responsibility include line management support/coaching, employee development, strategic recruiting, legal compliance, MOMENT people approach, including succession planning, and organizational development in support of Hilti’s business objectives, strategic initiatives, and organizational priorities. This role sits out of Hilti's Dayton Distribution Center.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
- Manage and provide consultation to team leaders on employee life cycle, i.e.: interviewing, hiring, transfers, demotions, relocations, promotions, terminations, surplus issues, etc.
- Support HR Director with guiding team leaders through the process of managing and resolving workplace concerns
- Manage administrative tasks of HR function – including processing transactions in WorkDay, maintaining HR share drive, payroll inquiries, supporting disability and leaves of absences for team members, tracking headcount and people movement, quickly processing employee requests, creating PowerPoint presentations, regularly updating HR data analytics, etc.
- Assist with investigating escalated concerns, recommend solutions, and follow up to ensure resolution of concerns
- Distribute necessary communication within workgroups to leaders and team members to ensure alignment of people philosophy and company objectives
- Assist with the MOMENT people philosophy through guiding team leaders and team members on the people processes (My Contribution, My Development, Hilti People Review and Year End Review)
- Assist HR Director and HR Partners with Hilti People Review, succession planning sessions throughout the year to customer groups, update the system and actions based on calibration action points
- Co-own components of the HNA Strategic Organizational Development Portfolio for assigned customer groups to include Assessment Centers and Talent Days, Emerging Leadership Development, and Internships/Co-ops to identify and develop high potential employees
- Maintain up to date documentation on employee related matters, provide data and support to the Legal Department in employment law related matters
- Support HR Director with performance and conduct related matters to help ensure equitable, consistent, and lawful treatment of all employees in all employment actions
- Research, learn and work with HR Director on impact of compliance programs impacting workgroups (e.g., EEO/AA, ADA, FLMA, WC, etc.) to ensure legal and corporate policy compliance in all Hilti North America (HNA) employment practices
- Ensure employees are compensated appropriately and equitably when completing salary workups and recommendations.
- Participate in talent acquisition process by assisting in the recruitment process for US and Canada
- Help facilitate training and development initiatives relating to customer group needs
- In conjunction with the People Experience Center, ensure necessary employment records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements
- Advocate, participate and provide input for HNA DEI initiatives
- Follow up with exiting team members to gain a deeper look at workplace culture, day to day processes, management solutions and employee morale for HR Directors to capture and create actionable plans to foster positive work environment and relationships
- Promote Hilti through professional networking opportunities virtually and in person
- Help facilitate team member engagement activities throughout the annual people cycle to foster engaging and inclusive work environment.
- Facilitate team engagement sessions such as Fast Leaps, GEOS sessions and become active role in Our Culture Journey
- Serve as a mentor, trainer, and coach for new HR Partner team members
- Partnering as a team player with the Centers of Excellence to execute processes and achieve objectives.
- Other duties as assigned
2021 - Top 100 Best Companies to Work For as published by Fortune magazine
What do we offer?
- Company-paid benefits are effective on your first day of employment
- Hybrid work environment for independent focus and enriching team collaboration
- Education and professional certifications assistance
- Recognition: online, points-based recognition platform that helps team members recognize and reward one another
- Holidays, vacation, personal days, health and wellness days, and community service days to give balance in your life
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business, Human Resources, Social science or equivalent combination of education and applicable experience; Master’s Degree preferred
- 3 years work experience required
- HR certification or ability to acquire certification highly preferred
- Working knowledge of current employment-related laws and best practices in human resource processes
- Experience in matrixed organization a plus
- Excellent in written and verbal communication, including persuasive negotiation and interpersonal skill
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to utilize creative and innovative approaches in problem solving
- Strong organizational abilities, proficient in Microsoft Office, and a knowledge of Workday software preferred
- High level of motivation and customer focus, continuous improvement, growth mindset required in a fast paced, results-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others
- Detail oriented and analytical aptitude
Why should you apply?
Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.